Do you still love your ICON?

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. I'm glad to see everyone else still loves their phone as much as I do.

What got me wondering about it was all this new iPhone 6 talk. (Nice phone, I'm not here to bash it) Anyway, I'm usually jealous when everyone else is getting new toys and started wondering what might be in the works for Verizon as far as new Windows Phones etc and realized I'm not too concerned about it.

However, I agree with many of you. The Icon is not perfect but it hit's the nail on the head in so many ways. That said, if a 1520 predecessor were to come out on Verizon I'm sure I'd own it in a heartbeat.

iphone6 you mean the phone that just came out and our year old phones have every feature it has and then some? Yeah.....

The only things that annoy me about the Icon are things that it does because its running the 8.1 DP without Cyan. Once the official update comes out I doubt Ill have anything to complain about. I still run into the occasional app that it doesn't have, Starbucks app for example, but the main ones I use are all there.

It does everything I need it to do and when I out it on the charger at night its still got over 50% battery left....good enough for me

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I love my ICON, nice phone, fast, stylish, no problem. Wish I had a white one but, got stuck with a black one, still nice phone.

What gets old is Verizon and Windows Phone..... Verizon and updates(enough said on this subject).....Then Windows Phones, apps that I really want and would use all the time. They been on iOS and Android for years now....no plans for Windows Phone. There is about 6 apps that I want and at least 2 of them can not be used through IE...(so cant use them at all on Windows Phone).

Then the IE bug that redirects to the WAP pages when your in Desktop mode...but, that is a 8.1 bug...

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Does every single thread on this forum need to be polluted with the Icon 8.1 update garbage?

It's getting ridiculous and I wish the Moderators would step in and put a stop to it..

robertino23

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Had the icon for about three months now, absolutely loving it. The phone is sleek and sexy (i've got the black version, but i'm going to put a white back cover on), and is lightening fast. I've been having some issues with crashes, however. I was on the DP but the phone kept crashing so much I decided to roll back to 8.0. I thought that would fix the problem... until today when it crashed and restarted twice. I think i'm gonna roll into verizon sometime soon for a replacement, and possibly ruffle some feathers with cyan questions.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
IMO Microsoft / Nokia still have the best phones on the market and my Lumia Icon is one of them!
I am on the Edge plan so waiting until all of this blows over and the dust settles to see what the future holds for me, my Icon, and my carrier.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
The rumor will never be confirmed true or not. It seems legit and I don't think we'll ever get Cyan. So screw Verizon and screw the Icon (because of Verizon). I'm going to AT&T the only carrier that gives a crap about WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCC