Does anyone know when the lumia black update will be available for the lumia 822?

tibal32

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a verizon lumia 822 unlocked but i live in the dominican republic using claro as phone carrier, and i want to know if i have to wait until verizon decides to approve the update or not, also is it usual that i cant turn the hotspot to share my internet on my phone? Everytime i try to turn it on it freezes and i have to turn off the phone in order to use it. Is it an os problem or does verizon make the phone to not work properly if its not the phone carrier?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you own a Verizon phone, regardless if it's unlocked you need to wait until they release the update. I'm unsure about your other issue as I know some carriers block internet sharing.

You could try hard resetting the phone or using the Nokia Software tool to download a new firmware and see if that fixes it. Personally I'd wait until Black is released though before doing that.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you own a Verizon phone, regardless if it's unlocked you need to wait until they release the update. I'm unsure about your other issue as I know some carriers block internet sharing.

You could try hard resetting the phone or using the Nokia Software tool to download a new firmware and see if that fixes it. Personally I'd wait until Black is released though before doing that.
I don't even know if any other firmware is available for the 822, since the only carrier in the world that sold it is Verizon.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234