Does Cortana on Band work with Lumia 920?

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
As the title says, will Cortana work on the Band if you're using a Lumia 920 (with Developer's Preview)? I have tried unsuccessfully for the last few months (I'd try asking her on the Band questions every now and then) and have never gotten it to work once. She just says "Listening" and then "Wait a Second", ultimately saying that the phone isn't paired or another error.

All push notifications (calls, texts) work just fine though.

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, this is terrible then. I've been to two physical stores plus calling MS Band support's phone number. They all gave me various ways to try and fix the issue, but to no avail. I even factory reset my phone (but decided to restore my settings when it started back up). I guess I'll just have to wait until I get a new Windows Phone then :-/ Oh well.

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using mine (920DP) since December and Cortana integration has worked very well. I wonder if you have an issue with the Band microphone?

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It could potentially be the Band microphone, Locokip. Thing is, I'm actually on my second Band - I had my first replaced due to a skin irritation. Unfortunately, Cortana didn't work on my first Band either, kept giving the same error of "I can't find your phone". I have gotten all of my notifications and texts as they come across, though.

The phone support rep believes it might have to do with my actual phone, something screwy with the software or hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12