does nokia care EVER cure your 920 from the well known overheating and battery drain issues?

bel b

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my lumia 920 is suffering from overheating and battery drain issues. I know these issues are very common regarding lumia 920 that sometimes i feel it is normal. But i know IT IS NOT!!! Some guys have suggested me to go to nokia care to get my device checked. Also i already did a HARD RESET and when i booted the device, the battery status was showing an estimated time of 1 day 16 hours left. But then soon i started loading up games and playing them. Then the phone returned to normal(which means badly overheating and battery drain). I googled it up and found the same problems with other phones too.(especially the HTC 8X,Lumia 925,Lumia 1520,Lumia 1020). As i have mentioned above that some people want me to go to a nokia care and get my phone checked,i was just wondering if anyone on the forums have done so and got their lumia out of the disease. Yes i prefer to call this issue a disease.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
There really is no cure for it. A process is getting stuck and since there is no task manager, there is no way to determine what it is. My phone is fine with calls and txting, but internet and games kill the battery. You'll just have to wait for further tweaks to the OS or get another phone.

One thing I do to conserve power is activate airplane mode when I'm just surfing the net or playing a game. You must remember that these aren't low tech feature phones and you have to manage them, much like a computer.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm a long time 920 owner and I do not suffer irrational overheating and battery drain issues. If, as you said, your phone is fine until you start playing games, then I don't think there is anything wrong with your phone. Games will always be taxing to the system. They tend to make full use of the CPU and are a battery drain on any phone in existence. Mt wife kills the battery on her iPhone 5S playing Candy Crush. I can't recall having serious issues while browsing the internet though. I think if you're doing that while in a bad signal area, you'll likely cause faster battery drain because it's struggling to pull down the data over a bad connection.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa