Does the SP3 come with a pen?

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
concerns about my yet to come SP3

I recently ordered a SP3 blindly. and I honestly cant wait to see to figure out the answers to the following questions so here it goes
1. does the SP3 come with a surface pro pen by default or do I have to order that separately ???
2. does the type cover for SP3 come with the pen loop for the surface pen or do I have to order that separately???

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: concerns about my yet to come SP3

One recommendation. I think the pen loop works best attached to the back of the tablet itself on the left side behind the volume buttons as opposed to on the back of the keyboard.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

Yes and yes, its a good tablet besides one annoying issue I've been having. All my music on the SD card doesn't show album art on media player even though its all tagged directly in.

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

Yes and yes, its a good tablet besides one annoying issue I've been having. All my music on the SD card doesn't show album art on media player even though its all tagged directly in.

Have you added the music on your SDCard to your Music Library? Right click folder, "Include in Library".

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

I have actually, I also formatted the SD to the other format, not exfat. Still the same issue. Driving me nuts! I even moved the primary music location to the SD.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

One recommendation. I think the pen loop works best attached to the back of the tablet itself on the left side behind the volume buttons as opposed to on the back of the keyboard.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind but may I know why are you recommending this ? Like was it a bad idea sticking it to the back of the keyboard ?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind but may I know why are you recommending this ? Like was it a bad idea sticking it to the back of the keyboard ?
Personally, I wouldn't think of attaching it to the device. Unless mounted horizontally, you would need to remove the pen whenever you want to use the kickstand.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site

I have actually, I also formatted the SD to the other format, not exfat. Still the same issue. Driving me nuts! I even moved the primary music location to the SD.
It is apparently a bug in the Windows 8.x media player. I experienced the same thing on my Surface RT and 2. My library's ID3 metadata tags are absolutely perfect because of the intolerance that the Zune had for ID3 tags. My music is correctly cataloged in the Zune software and iTunes but still had missing album art and mis-cataloged tracks in Win 8.x media player.

I share this so that you don't waste further time trying to get things to appear correctly. Hopefully there'll be a fix forthcoming.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

It is apparently a bug in the Windows 8.x media player. I experienced the same thing on my Surface RT and 2. My library's ID3 metadata tags are absolutely perfect because of the intolerance that the Zune had for ID3 tags. My music is correctly cataloged in the Zune software and iTunes but still had missing album art and mis-cataloged tracks in Win 8.x media player.

I share this so that you don't waste further time trying to get things to appear correctly. Hopefully there'll be a fix forthcoming.

Exactly, I used mp3tag so every album has its correct tags and art but media player messes it all up. Microsoft told me its a known issue. I do hope its fixed soon because I don't like the Xbox music app.

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

Personally, I wouldn't think of attaching it to the device. Unless mounted horizontally, you would need to remove the pen whenever you want to use the kickstand.

Huh? I have mine attached to the back of the tablet itself right behind the volume keys. I never have to remove the pen to open the kickstand. Not sure why you thought this would be necessary.

The benefits of attaching the pen to the tablet instead of the keyboard are many and obvious.

1) The pen isn't flopping around and banging the desk as you use the keyboard.
2) The adhesive sticks much more securely to the magnesium back as opposed to the felt bottom of the keyboard.
3) The pen is with you even with your keyboard detached.
4) It is easier to remove from the loop because the loop is more secure. It is tight at first but relaxes shortly to the point the pen is easy to place and remove with one hand.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

Huh? I have mine attached to the back of the tablet itself right behind the volume keys. I never have to remove the pen to open the kickstand. Not sure why you thought this would be necessary.

The benefits of attaching the pen to the tablet instead of the keyboard are many and obvious.

1) The pen isn't flopping around and banging the desk as you use the keyboard.
2) The adhesive sticks much more securely to the magnesium back as opposed to the felt bottom of the keyboard.
3) The pen is with you even with your keyboard detached.
4) It is easier to remove from the loop because the loop is more secure. It is tight at first but relaxes shortly to the point the pen is easy to place and remove with one hand.

You are right, no need to remove the pen. It's all a matter of personal preference really.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

I got my sp3. Its nothing less than spectacular
I wanted to attach the pen loop to the surface itself for the same reason. But ended up sticking it under the keyboard. I felt it belongs there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss