Does Windows Phone Store remembers PayPal Email or Microsoft Account when resetting the phone?

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I am going to reformat my phone 920 and my current app purchased right now are N.O.V.A 3, Avengers Initiative, and Asphalt 7. My current microsoft account is *****11@yahoo.com and the PayPal email I used for purchasing them is also *****11@yahoo.com

I decided to create a new Microsoft account ******@outlook.com and I want this to be my primary Microsoft email account after I reformat my phone. Since I am going to reinstall my purchased App using the same PayPal email *****11@yahoo.com, will I restore my games without repurchasing?

What does Windows Phone Store remembers when re-installing/repurchasing the App again? Is it the Microsoft Account or PayPal email?

I want to reformat, use a new Microsoft account, and use the same PayPal account for purchasing app but I am just wondering if I can still retain my purchased apps.

Thanks

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You'd probably find out more by actually calling Microsoft to link the emails somehow, so that you will still have the licenses for your purchased games and apps, because the windows store recognizes purchased apps through email accounts

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
You'd probably find out more by actually calling Microsoft to link the emails somehow, so that you will still have the licenses for your purchased games and apps, because the windows store recognizes purchased apps through email accounts

So I cannot retain my purchased apps if I change my primary Microsoft email account even I use the same PayPal email account?

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
If I will add my new @outlook.com to my existing @yahoo Microsoft account and make my new @outlook.com a Primary Alias, can I sign in my @outlook.com the first time after I reset? Would there be no problem installing my purchased apps?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes