Dust around RIM?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Not Blackberry RIM, but the Lumia 920's rim around the screen.

I have only used it for less than 48 hours, mainly keep it in my coat's pocket and one side of it (left) has collected white/brown/grey dust between the yellow body and black gorilla glass. The right side of glass is completely fine.

Have you guys noticed something similar? I do feel it is a minor QC issue. It doesn't really affect the phone's screen or anything, but is noticeable and since it is only on one side, it feels like the screen wasn't fit properly. If it was all around the screen, I would blame it on the intentional gaps between rim and body.

gandhirushi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have noticed the same issue with my recently purchased Lumia 920. And yes, the dust is collected only on one side of the screen (left in my case). Nokia needs to address this issue.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.. i'm UPSET that I can stick my finger nail in the rim part near the glass and body.. I was hoping the screen/glass on this was going to be FLUSH all the way to the side of the device.. this is one thing APPLE got 100% right with the iPhone 4/4S/5 design.. that being the glass is FLUSH to the edge of the device.

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There has to be a small space between the plastic & the glass. I believe it is done for durability purposes, when the phone falls on the side it won't have direct contact with the glass ... then again, I suppose they could have added some kind of rubber padding in between.

Anyways back to the point, just blowing on it gets the dust out.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
There are manufacturing flaws in the 920 with this. The glass is not sealed properly to the unit. I had to replace my black one already, but I got a white one since the dust reports seem to be highest with black.

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else getting dust in their front facing camera?? Another guy in my office is having the same issue and I haven't seen much on the forums regarding it. The window for return/replace is fast approaching. Or do I have more time to replace since this seems to be build quality related?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I do understand that there should be space on the side, but then shouldn't that be on both left and right? I only have dust on left where there is space. On right it seems air tight! Phones4U won't even exchange it for me :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h