Email accounts lost?

Ben#WP

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Hello all,

I had created Email accounts for Yahoo, Gmail on the HTC Fuze and recently upgraded the official HTC ROM. I lost all the email accounts created.

When I tried to re-create the accounts, with same exact name (Earlier GMail) it wouldn't let me saying the account already exists. I had to re-create the account with a different alias.

The strange part is, while any of the applications try to report problems, i get the option of selecting accounts and see the old ones in the list too, but these accounts are not visible in Mail settings.

Is there a way I can retrieve the old accounts/setting and delete the duplicate accounts from the phone?

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
First try to delete the saved information on the card. It is titled inbox and it is on the root directory of the card. Then try to set up your accounts again. If that dosent work my only answer right now it to hard reset. First sync your device, then hold the volume down and center button while poking the reset button. Continue to hold the volume down and center button until you see the boot loader (multicolored screen). you'll be prompted to erase all your data. Erase the data and begin to put your apps and info back on the device.

If that doesn't allow you to set up your email accounts then try to reimage the device with your updated ROM

Ben#WP

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks James, I will try the easier option first. If that does not work, I will turn to the hard reset. It surely seems to be a long/time consuming affair.

Appreciate your response!

Sameer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66