Engadget's Mango preview (Massive)

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, the video portion was a little awful, and how some of the information was presented was misleading. Don't get me wrong, it was nice to see a positive article about WP7 from Engadget, but as far as the video portions of the preview went, I feel this site, among others, even Gizmodo, had a better/more accurate presentation.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope, I'm watching the Pocketnow video but their youtube videos are giving me problems. Once it's running I can't pause it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
LOL, a it's actually going to be useful. I think it's awesome in mango! I wonder if third party devs will have the privileges to put their notifications in the Me tile.

Edit: woah you can save settings on the pictures and tap the camera to focus and take pictures and there's a huge revamp on the pictures hub.

Why nobody made a topic about this? I feel so lost.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They have some pretty amazing new featues. I'm still going over all the new features myself.
Edit: woah you can save settings on the pictures and tap the camera to focus and take pictures and there's a huge revamp on the pictures hub.

Why nobody made a topic about this? I feel so lost.

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I stopped reading at this point:

Live tiles finally give you a greater sense of "glance and go."

Currently restricted to use by native WP7 apps only, Mango is opening the door for third-party apps to put dynamic updates directly on their Start menu tiles. We checked out The Weather Channel app and were able to see the temperature and weather condition; push notifications also worked on other apps we tried out such as Beezz (a Twitter client) and Send to WP7. Much like multitasking, this isn't running at full speed yet, but we hope that most apps in the Marketplace will use this new functionality.

My Weather Channel app has had a 'working' live tile since launch. Also rowi, IM+, LazyTube, Smart Tile, Alphajax, AP Mobile, Arkwords, Weatherbug, Flory, TextMe, Flickr, Flixter, Birdsong, Kik Messenger...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope we get more rectangle tiles like Pictures/Calendar. They're pretty useful for breaking apps up by category. Also, I hope the Calendar apps becomes a live tile that also displays the weather/temp along with a changing background.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
See no reason why an engadget review, especially one with so many inaccuracies that shows the author knows nothing about the OS, is being highlighted. Wpcentral and particularly pocketnow's reviews are far better. Lets stop giving these MS haters so much credit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte