Exactly which app does the Windows Phone not have that you want/need?

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
And what do 90% of those have that their mobile website doesn't? And WP is big in the UK so contact those companies and point out that they're not supporting 1 in 10 customers.

Apps dopey, that was the point of this thread. It appears you believe WP store does not need those and many more apps ? Because they have web sites ?? And to clarify, all of those companies I listed have been contacted by me for a WP app, have you ? 👍

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
-Canon EOS Remote app.

Done, that's the only missing app so far for my phone. But it's ok at this moment since I've using it on tablet (it's scaled up version though)

Skillzs

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I would love some snapchat, instagram, clothing apps like pull&bear, h&m (I like to search the market for new clothes), a facebook app that loads photos faster, like on android, I don't want more from it. And 9gag is the app that really needs to be produced by its owner, I use Rudy's app but I would like to have an official one, right from 9gag.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
My bank's mobile app, my local mass-transit system's mobile app, and Empire: Four Kingdoms. Also Google search and a YouTube app made by YouTube. I'm sure someone will come along and suggest that I pin a website to the home screen or something like that, but should I have to?

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
A web browser with chrome cast and apple tv integration, a media player with chrome cast and apple tv integration (don't say AVcast cause that sucks), snapchat, and google hangouts.

Those are the apps I would like to see, but more so i would like to see first party app developers who actually care, and update at the same time as IOS and Android.

sounds like you should just get an iphone.

RiskyAbhi

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I don't know if it is possible. But I would like to have an app to open 3d pdf files on my windows phone. I am a designer and sometimes I really feel the need of something like that in my phone.
Would like it more if other 3d formats can be supported.
Thanks

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
These I use on my work phone (Galaxy S5), but would be better if I had them on my personal Windows Phone device.

1. Advancial (Credit Union)
2. Target's Cartwheel
3. Virgin Pulse (health app)
4. Nextdoor (neighborhood social app)
5. Sqaure
6. Regal Theaters
7. Gyft
8. WalMart
9. Starbucks (I'm not a huge customer, but be nice to have it.)
10. Yahoo Fantasy League app.
11. Kroger

Last edited:

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
1. Lexicomp
2. Micrometer
3. More medical apps
4. Official Starbucks
5. Popular social games
6. Fully integrated Skype (shouldn't need an app for this, should just be baked into WP)

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
1. Lexicomp
2. Micrometer
3. More medical apps
4. Official Starbucks
5. Popular social games
6. Fully integrated Skype (shouldn't need an app for this, should just be baked into WP)

(see RED bolded) That was the case w early WinPhone builds, a decision was made to separate certain functions into apps. This will allow that function (app) to be updated without updating the OS.

Makes sense to me, in addition, will aid in interoperability - as permissions are granted to certain apps without compromising security, which may NOT have been available if the function was baked into Windows Phone OS.

I know it sounds contradictory, but, if you think about it, it makes sense. I'd rather lock (& bolt) all the doors & windows, then selectively open them as needed, on a case by case basis. Unfortunately, most OS's are designed with a back door or fallover, which when discovered can lead to vulnerabilities.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I'd say it less specific apps and more all the bank apps, niche apps, games, etc. that don't get developed immediately or at all for WP.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963