exessive screen contrast

cajuan93

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hye Windowers i have a problem with my Lumia 710 screen. The screen became high contrasted couple days ago. It started with some flicker across the screen and it happen ocassionally and was not permanent until last night the flicker is gone. But the problem is now greyish colors becomes purplish in dark background and greenish in white background. i asked the guy at the phone store and he said that this has to be with the lcd ribbon. If its true then what causes this. I don't think nokia will accept my warranty cuz of the scratches on the back side of my phone. Could it be incompatible charger? Bad battery? Will changing the lcd solve it?

Thanks

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what would cause it, but unless you've continuosly dropped it or pried the glass off, I would try to get Nokia to replace / fix under warrenty. Scratchs from normal wear and tear should not invalidate your warrenty.

cajuan93

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Dropped my phone last month it left some scratch on the back cover and its sides. Amyome has further ideas of what happened i read about the purple tint that catches lumia 900 but on my 710 it cant be software issue because i reset my phone and updated the software but cant solve the problem. It feels like opening my phone right now really

anon(5348220)

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Dropped my phone last month it left some scratch on the back cover and its sides. Amyome has further ideas of what happened i read about the purple tint that catches lumia 900 but on my 710 it cant be software issue because i reset my phone and updated the software but cant solve the problem. It feels like opening my phone right now really
I have similar issue except mine doesn't have a single scratch and I don't recall ever dropping it. My screen colors are all messed up and white looks now purplish. It also started with flickering and minute later color were all purplish.

I talked to Nokia and I'll send it in for repair. Unfortunately won't have replacement phone and not sure how long it would take. Nokia said typically 7-10 business days.
So I might wait before sending it in until WP8 phones are available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)