experiencing death grip with HD7

kneemah

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up my HD7 which i'm loving so far (came from android 2.2).

I noticed when i hold my phone in my left hand the call signal goes from full to 2 bars to 1 bar to 0 and then finally to a little x. as soon as i let go the signal rises back to full.

anyone else experiencing this problem?

i'm going to try to get a quick video of it tonight and post it.

Guy_serious

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
It'll drop about one or two bars for me but not a full on loss of signal. Does this mean we get free bumpers from HTC if Gizmodo runs with it? =P

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
just an FYI, all phones have a "Death grip" area. My Samsung captivate had one too. Not sure where HTC puts the antenna in the HD7, but most phones have an antenna on the bottom back of the phone.

kneemah

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
no i haven't bothered because i'm probably not going to keep this phone for other reasons (reception in general is terrible even when i'm not holding it).

the phone is also too beautiful to put a case on it.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I can agree I that I hate cases, so far I haven't noticed any grip problems, but the phone does have a weaker signal than my hd2 had.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeap! thast why i got the SAmsung focus .

and not a hd7 or a iphone 4 ( both bad enginearing for the atena ) dunno what they where thinking with the placement.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Still speaking on signal issues what speeds actually qualify as HSPA speeds (this phone is capable of HSPA is it not?) I know HSPA+ reaches pretty nice speeds (too bad they didn't put one of those radios in it) but with just hspa 7.2 mbps and regular traffic but full signal what are HSPA speeds?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4