Facebook on Lumia 640 with Windows insider fast build

Manu Guledgudd

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have Lumia 640 & installed windows insider preview fast ring. Microsoft has removed their Facebook app.

Facebook app from Facebook is crashing repeatedly. Looks like it is heavy to open on 640.

And also, there is feed available on people hub and individual contact.

Please suggest how to overcome this issue.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
re:

I have the beta on my 640 and it works much better than when they just started.

I've noticed that moving the app from the SD card to the device memory helped a lot... Example. When the app was on my sd card, when I opened it, it would crash on the splash screen. Would have to try about two or three times before it opens. On device memory it opens great every time.

Now i'm not saying it does not crash at all.... But i'm happy with the experience. I can use the app without worrying if it's going to crash every time during use.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Still pathetic in terms of stability. I don't understand why MS has removed their app when Facebook inc. doesn't have stable from their end.

LOLOLOLOLOL because people oh so desperately wanted apps from the official company/devs, now we have it and even that isn't good enough. A lot of droid users even avoid the official FB app and go for 3rd-party apps.

Anyhu this is not MS's fault :) FB devs need to optimize

Manu Guledgudd

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
True, FB has to do better quality control. Initially i thought It's only on my mobile. But it's generic issue. People have rated low to this app.

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
When I switched my fb app from SD to phone it worked much better and it crashed less. But im have a L830 so it may be different for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte