Few issues with my new Lumia 930

anon(9174535)

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Finally some one speaking reasonably ....they kill me ""L930 screen defective screen ....some dont know what the difference between oled & lcd therefore causing missleadig to new people intending to buy lumias but for sure some people speaking just for speak

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. THIS on bold is the perfect description for STUTTERING or LAG. So if really know what is stuttering, I just don't understand why you was "faking" you don't.

If LCD black is brilliant for your eyes, good for you. But it's impossible to compare with ANY OLED specially in this particular aspect. The difference is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE. After all, the black on LCD is just grey, not black AT ALL. Even the bests LCD displays have grey blacks. Just google for further information.

About battery life, it's not my opinion. LCD have to be 100% on. All the time. OLED not, only the pixels that are requested. Google it for further information. Again.

I forget to mention about the OLED superiority on viewing angle too. LCD have a INCOMPARABLE worst viewing angle technology EVER. Even older techonology (like de 80's TV displays) are much better. The IPS technology minimizes a lot this problem, but it's not perfect. Still pretty bad. OLEDs displays are far.. very, very, very FAR superior.

If you don't know, LCD backlight is an outdated technology, while OLED... Well, if you find a new LCD TV for sale, let me know... The only reason for LCD screens still there on smartphones is because it is a VERY cheap technology.

Again, all you've done here is try to explain the basic differences between LCD and AMOLED screens that we (or most of us) know already... I for one, know exactly what the differences are, and how these two display types work, thank you. I don't need to "google it for more information".

You're avoiding the original poster's topic of why his text looks blurry when scrolling. Because he was coming from a 920 with an LCD to a 930 with an AMOLED screen, he could tell the difference. You told him it was because of "dynamic resolution" and have yet to provide any further insight. What exactly is "dynamic resolution"? Care to post a link to the info that explains this?

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Again, all you've done here is try to explain the basic differences between LCD and AMOLED screens that we (or most of us) know already... I for one, know exactly what the differences are, and how these two display types work, thank you. I don't need to "google it for more information".

You're avoiding the original poster's topic of why his text looks blurry when scrolling. Because he was coming from a 920 with an LCD to a 930 with an AMOLED screen, he could tell the difference. You told him it was because of "dynamic resolution" and have yet to provide any further insight. What exactly is "dynamic resolution"? Care to post a link to the info that explains this?

After a search, I find out that dynamic resolution I told before is called motion resolution in fact. Sorry for that.

Let me put this way. In case of a 1080p LCD panel. The same LCD panel will have at the best 800p of motion resolution. OLED is slightly lower, but that depends how faster the subject on screen are.

And that's why Plasma is the best technology when we talk about Motion Resolution. It's the only can be 1:1. Because no matter if some subject on screen or moving fast, still or slow, the motion resolution still the same as static. 1080p for static and 1080p for motion.

But I don't think it's blurry on LCD or OLED. Maybe it's a bunch of deffective display, I don't know. Only a 60fps video can help to diagnose.

L0cke

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to jump on this old thread but the text blurring is an issue I have noticed on my 930. Only had it a few days and not used to AMOLED screens. It's pretty annoying and is more noticeable in certain apps. In Cortana or IE you can't really notice it, but scrolling through 9GAG comments is bad. So guess it's depended on the app and maybe the font used/size?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amon manengureni