Finally got my Lumia 920 Cyan update. Look at my battery.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
God, I really need to get a new battery in my 920, it's plum wore out. I'm not even the original owner of it, and who knows what the previous owner did to it.

Wagan8r

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I seem to actually have worse battery life with 8.1 Update 1. I hardly use my phone while at work, and it's usually at about 20-30% by the time I head home.

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I may have possibly discovered why my battery is draining so quickly. I noticed that one of my email accounts is stuck in a continuous sync mode. And, because it is in this mode, I cannot change the settings or delete the account. I am not certain if this is the culprit of my battery drain problem. However, I did stop receiving emails from this account at about the time my phone battery started draining very quickly. Does anyone know how I can stop this email account from continuously syncing?

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Because it was continuously syncing, the email account was "grayed out". Thus, it wasn't allowing me to delete it. I checked the internet about this problem and Nokia suggested turning the phone off and then holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Once the phone came back on, the email account was no longer gray. Thus, I deleted it. I will see if this is the culprit for my battery drain and overheating.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, funny, I've had excellent battery life with my 920 before and after the Cyan update. Last week, I used that phone pretty much exclusively because I needed the extra storage for taking pics at the Renaissance Faire my boyfriend and I went to. My phone often got 30+ hours of battery life though, even before Cyan. There was no service at all at the Faire, so I put my phone on Airplane mode while I was there. It was still at 100% when I did that in the morning and then went to 80% by the time we left after 6:30 that evening. I did notice that the battery started draining pretty fast later, though, after I put on LTE, but I think that was because we occasionally hit dead zones on the trip back home and the phone was struggling to keep a signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital