Finally on board with W10M, It's truly stable now

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
With the most recent update to .242, I can honestly say, W10 mobile has arrived, at least for my Lumia 640. This is a build everyone can use WITHOUT ISSUE. This is a true stable build. I can say that without reservation because I was always holding out for a build that I could use without any issue. This is it people, I'm happy with W10M now, after 1 week, I'm never going back to 8.1

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Glad to know that you're enjoying your experience with Windows 10 Mobile in your Lumia 640 so far. Which W10M features do you like best? :cool:

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
With the most recent update to .242, I can honestly say, W10 mobile has arrived, at least for my Lumia 640. This is a build everyone can use WITHOUT ISSUE. This is a true stable build. I can say that without reservation because I was always holding out for a build that I could use without any issue. This is it people, I'm happy with W10M now, after 1 week, I'm never going back to 8.1

Yes it is! There's still a few quircks here and there but every new software has that. I'm looking forward to them making scrolling fluid again but, with one update a month, that should come in quickly. For the rest, it's just awesome. :wink:

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The .242 and previous .213 have been very good and stable on the 830. Very minor niggles here and there but overall very good, won't be going back to 8.1 anymore.

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

So, how's it working now after 20 days?

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I still have some issues and I can't find what's causing them.
It's like the RAM it's filling up and at one point I have to restart the phone because it can't run a single app. It just show the loading screen and goes back to home.
I've reinstalled W10m by going back to 8.1 via WDRT and updating with Upgrade advisor. Did a clean upgrade on .107, did a hard reset and updated all apps. Upgraded to .318 and again did hard reset and booted clean OS.
Updated all apps and installed all my apps on internal storage.
All in all it works fine, but I have to restart my phone once a day.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I still have some issues and I can't find what's causing them.
It's like the RAM it's filling up and at one point I have to restart the phone because it can't run a single app. It just show the loading screen and goes back to home.
I've reinstalled W10m by going back to 8.1 via WDRT and updating with Upgrade advisor. Did a clean upgrade on .107, did a hard reset and updated all apps. Upgraded to .318 and again did hard reset and booted clean OS.
Updated all apps and installed all my apps on internal storage.
All in all it works fine, but I have to restart my phone once a day.

Which phone?
Did you notice back key doesn't close app anyway, like 8.1. leaving all apps in background till you close them via task manager?

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried killing apps manually from the background? I find that some of the apps don't like to load again if not killed manually. A couple in particular are games that originally existed on other platforms. I find that if I kill the app instead of leaving them in history, they launch with no problem next time. If not, they act like they've been running and I see a variety of issues.

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Which phone?
Did you notice back key doesn't close app anyway, like 8.1. leaving all apps in background till you close them via task manager?

Yeah. I'm was on insider since the first day on my 630 and noticed that from day one.
Phone actually killed them all from background as the back button is not bringing up anything and still couldn't start anything except messaging and phone.
Also sometimes camera won't start. Not just camera app, but no app can access it. 6tag, Instagram, 360, etc. And that's the first sign that phone needs to be restarted as if I continue using it, it will be able to run less and less apps until it couldn't run a single one.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Yeah. I'm was on insider since the first day on my 630 and noticed that from day one.
Phone actually killed them all from background as the back button is not bringing up anything and still couldn't start anything except messaging and phone.
Also sometimes camera won't start. Not just camera app, but no app can access it. 6tag, Instagram, 360, etc. And that's the first sign that phone needs to be restarted as if I continue using it, it will be able to run less and less apps until it couldn't run a single one.

Already done an hard reset, but something gone wrong... I suggest doing again it , many other users havent all that iussues

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been on every build released and did a hard reset on every single one and have this problem for a long time. This is the third or fourth time I've reinstalled it from scratch, so I don't believe that yet another hard reset would fix it.

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So, how's it working now after 20 days?

still great! and the only app that crashes regularly on me is the Photos app. Everything else has been fairly smooth. Little annoyances, but they no longer outweigh the annoyances by the previous OS version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05