Folders - caused excessive reboots on my L920

DJWhiteSquall

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely something tied to the use of Folders and the camera, as the only time it reboots for me is when I use the camera and have the Photo Review option turned on, or I have Review turned off but try to look at my pictures from within the camera app itself.

(Lumia 1020)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely something tied to the use of Folders and the camera, as the only time it reboots for me is when I use the camera and have the Photo Review option turned on, or I have Review turned off but try to look at my pictures from within the camera app itself.

(Lumia 1020)

This is my thought too. I wonder if it is the bunch of camera apps together in a folder causes it. I'm not going to reinstall Folders to see but it would be interesting to find this out.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920 and 1520 - both with App folder app - no single random reset by either one ... well, no camera apps in folders ...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 920 and 1520 - both with App folder app - no single random reset by either one ... well, no camera apps in folders ...

Then do a little recon. Add a bunch of camera apps in a folder on your 920 and update the thread in a day or so.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I was worried that my phone might be breaking down on me because it's been resetting itself about once a day lately. Now this thread has relieved me of those worries.

Hopefully they patch the app if it is indeed causing this issue.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i am facing a lagging in getting the start screen after closing various app. could it be due to Folders?
never faced a reboot though. or is it a bug in GDR3 preview?

i m using NL 720, GDR3 Dev Preview.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i am facing a lagging in getting the start screen after closing various app. could it be due to Folders?
never faced a reboot though. or is it a bug in GDR3 preview?

i m using NL 720, GDR3 Dev Preview.
If it didn't have the problem before you installed App Folders, absolutely. Are you running the updated version that was just announced on WPCentral?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
If it didn't have the problem before you installed App Folders, absolutely. Are you running the updated version that was just announced on WPCentral?
I did update, but uninstalled within an hour assuming the cause. not observed in that period. let's see, I will install it again, and try.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I did update, but uninstalled within an hour assuming the cause. not observed in that period. let's see, I will install it again, and try.
I tried it again and again, I had to abandon App Folders. The app is just badly built. I did not see resets but I'm freezing up left and right. Uninstalled, all good again. Its just one of those apps I can't use.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I installed Folders on a Lumia 822 and did not have the reboot problem. I ended up uninstalling it anyway because it (the concept) really didn't work that well for me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Update has been pushed out. Are you still having problems after the update? My 810 hasn't had this problem but I am running GDR3 since no Black for T-Mo customers.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Update has been pushed out. Are you still having problems after the update? My 810 hasn't had this problem but I am running GDR3 since no Black for T-Mo customers.

Yes. Not the reboot issue I had before (I didn't leave it installed more than 4 hours) but my apps are sluggish and they freeze.up. I won't bother with it anymore. If I need folders that work, I'll grab an Iphone. But don't need this app and good without it.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i am experiencing time lag in my phone, even after uninstalling it. i have now cleared almost all apps, which i have installed recently, and all those, which i dont use regularly. still, there is a problem. i will have to check whole thing again...:eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)