Formula 1 App

johnfishcurtis

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Whats the best F1 App?

The few I have found only seem to give 2012 details.

I want daily updates of changes, rules, news for 2013.

Any recomendations?

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if NBC made an NBC Sports Live Extra app for Windows Phone (or even Windows 8). They are supposedly streaming all races live on the app, but it is only available on ios and Android.

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have not found one I overly like and SoftPauer who make the official apps said that they are not making one for WP or Windows 8 at this time...So I just use the ESPN app and the F1 mobile website.

Onerunjunior

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm really annoyed that they aren't on broadcast NBC! I won't pay for cable because it costs too much, and I was really disappointed to hear that they would be going the cable route.

Hiran Perera

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
the official formula 1.com app that is available on iphone, android, and BB is awesome, while you're watching the race you can have a track map on the phone and it shows live positioning of the cars. it's a pretty awesome app. except that it doesn't exist on wp!! i'm pretty annoyed by that.... there is no wp f1 app that compares

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I found this f1 fantasy a few years ago, if you're into that it's quite cool. ?60M, 2 drivers, engine, chassis + joker race. Combos can only be used once, so you may not get who you want.
Its free to join, no prizes or anything just glory :)
http://www.ff1.co.uk/

uxadditives

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
You might be interested in our App: F1 Drivers. The app does not do live coverage, but we do deliver the latest news, images, videos from about Formula One from Facebook F1 driver's sites and Youtube in a fast and beautiful app, with search capability: link

Screenshot01.png ScreenShot03.png ScreenShot04.png ScreenShot06.png

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I found this post late but I know why there are no apps showing F1 live or with proper Live timing.

The Formula 1 and its associate organisations are becoming a sort of monopoly for live timings, basically de-activating the services which rely on their servers for live timing. I think there are very few libraries still able to provide live timing but will be stopped soon IMO.

The formula 1 tv coverage rights are also too restrictive, so app found doing so will get a cease and desist. I have been trying all the formula 1 apps on windows phone but I was not satisfied with the granularity of data provided by them. So, I developed my own which I kind of use myself.

I hope windows phone devs can really tap into Ergast's F1 Api and produce stunning apps. This API does not provide live timing, but has race data since 1950 and every detail you might need in the past 10 years.

I wish F1 could release something officially soon, I mean Windows 8 outsold Macs in 10 odd days. Either they are friggin' lazy or are developing something albeit at a snail's pace.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb