Frequent freezing of Lumia 640 XL, how can I fix it?

arm_1969

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Frequent freezing of Lumia 640 xl

Hi all, I am using Lumia 640 xl since June this year. Since the beginning I am facing the problem of network getting deactivated every day or two. I do not get any indication of this status and during this time persons cannot call me. I come to know of this situation only when I try to make a call. I am from India and using BSNL 3G sim. I am using only one SIM and left the other slot vacant. Initially I was using manually cut micro SIM and later I replaced it with original micro SIM. Restarting the phone solves the problem temporarily whenever it occurs. I have tried all measures like using original micro SIM, upgrading memory card to class 10, fixing highest data connection at 2G, soft and hard reset but none worked. With all these measures however the frequency of occurrence of problem is some what reduced from daily to 3 or 4 days. I am terribly frustrated with this problem. I have to check every hour whether SIM is active or not. Kindly anybody help me in this regard.

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Frequent freezing of Lumia 640 xl

Using L640XL Dual SIM with Vodafone India, have left the second SIM slot empty. haven't faced any issues. could be device specific issue. go to Nokia/Microsoft Priority center, they should diagonise the issue for you

Angelrocking

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

Is your network provider set automatically? Have you tried to manually choose your network provider? It's under sim options.

cleote

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Sorry , this phone does not handle the dual sim function efficiently. I had this problem and removed sim 2. Voila! no more issues.
Annoying, as I could have saved a bit on the single sim option, try it and let us know

apableo

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

Originally posted by cleote
Sorry , this phone does not handle the dual sim function efficiently. I had this problem and removed sim 2. Voila! no more issues.
Annoying, as I could have saved a bit on the single sim option, try it and let us know

I think the OP uses only single sim...

But yeah, I agree to you. This phone can't handle Dual Sim efficiently. So I'm sticking to use only one sim...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckMcScrooge