From VZ TP2 to ATT Tilt 2.....

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
So Sunday I'm suppose to pick up my Tilt 2 as they will be available "in stores." I loved my Verizon TP2, but my fiancee wanted a blackberry. So since we already had an AT&T account(*which was in the process of being terminated*), I decided to cancel my Verizon account(*within the 30 days*) and stick with AT&T. She had a brand new Curve with AT&T and I was not about to buy a new BB for her to have on Verizon. But to get to the point, my Tilt 2 will come pre-loaded with WM 6.5 and there is already a HSPL for GSM devices, so as you can imagine I am very excited. (*Custom roms baby!!*) I know there's no 3.5 mm head phone port and the keyboard is slightly different than the others (*neither is really a big deal to me*), but I would like to know what other possible pros/cons there might be from the other versions. Also, AT&T's coverage isn't an issue. The area I live has a constant connection to 3G and even when I'm out, I never have a problem. I'm in Central Florida and that area is all blue, so I'm good.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am on Sprint not Verizon so I cant help you with that but I would think the biggest difference would be data speeds. My Brother actually 2 of them have fruit phones I am always impressing them with my data speeds. We will sit together calling up websites and I am constantly kicking there buts.

shootthis

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
So Sunday I'm suppose to pick up my Tilt 2 as they will be available "in stores." I loved my Verizon TP2, but my fiancee wanted a blackberry. So since we already had an AT&T account(*which was in the process of being terminated*), I decided to cancel my Verizon account(*within the 30 days*) and stick with AT&T. She had a brand new Curve with AT&T and I was not about to buy a new BB for her to have on Verizon. But to get to the point, my Tilt 2 will come pre-loaded with WM 6.5 and there is already a HSPL for GSM devices, so as you can imagine I am very excited. (*Custom roms baby!!*) I know there's no 3.5 mm head phone port and the keyboard is slightly different than the others (*neither is really a big deal to me*), but I would like to know what other possible pros/cons there might be from the other versions. Also, AT&T's coverage isn't an issue. The area I live has a constant connection to 3G and even when I'm out, I never have a problem. I'm in Central Florida and that area is all blue, so I'm good.
I have the ATT Tilt 2. GSM versions are supposed to have better battery life. The Sprint/Verizon versions are I think rated for aroung 4-5 hours of talk time, where the T-mobile/ATT versions are rated for around 8 hours of talk time. This is due to the difference in cell technology. There has always been a much larger selection of roms for GSM versions than the CDMA versions. I am not sure why this is, but it is the way it is. Since ATT has good coverage in your area and your not really bothered by the lack of the 3.5mm headset jack, I would say there are not really any cons. I hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre