Galaxy S10 vs Nokia PureView 9 for Microsoft enthusiast?

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
im coming from a Lumia 950 and a pure Microsoft ecosystem. That means i want Microsoft's android launcher on top of whatever android i'm getting. I'm considering the Samsung Galaxy S10 (for all the latest features) but also the Nokia PureView 9 (i have a soft spot for Nokia given their past associations with Microsoft, i like their cameras, and they dont seem to add a bunch of crap on top of the base Android system). Would i be happy with Samsung's Galaxy line if i intended to make it as Microsofty as possible? Or would i have trouble disabling all the Samsung UI stuff as i try to make the Microsoft Launcher be the dominant UI? if that is the case, would the Nokia with it's AndoridOne be a better choice. Less 3rd-party stuff to overcome. Thanks!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
im coming from a Lumia 950 and a pure Microsoft ecosystem. That means i want Microsoft's android launcher on top of whatever android i'm getting. I'm considering the Samsung Galaxy S10 (for all the latest features) but also the Nokia PureView 9 (i have a soft spot for Nokia given their past associations with Microsoft, i like their cameras, and they dont seem to add a bunch of crap on top of the base Android system). Would i be happy with Samsung's Galaxy line if i intended to make it as Microsofty as possible? Or would i have trouble disabling all the Samsung UI stuff as i try to make the Microsoft Launcher be the dominant UI? if that is the case, would the Nokia with it's AndoridOne be a better choice. Less 3rd-party stuff to overcome. Thanks!

I did near enough the same thing as you. But I went with Xiaomi. Samsung may make the better phone, in terms of features, but the software is near enough bloat and you can't easily remove any of it either. The reason I went with Xiamoi is the same as Nokia. They use a near enough stock version of Android, so no bloat, and again very minimalist, like Windows 10 Mobile in a way.

So for me @James Auman, I would pick the Nokia.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Nokia is also not the Nokia of old. They are HMD another Finnish company, but manufacture is all in China.

I also heard they will upgrade the processor later in the year. They just want to get the Nokia 9 out now, then move to the 855 chip.

Samsung has a pretty solid reputation.

But Nokia - especially since the MS Nokia debacle?

I am a total Nokia fan....but just a little skeptical....yes, I have to move to Android as MS abandoned us...Maybe OnePlus while I wait?

Still using my Alcatel Idol 4S....

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Nokia is also not the Nokia of old. They are HMD another Finnish company, but manufacture is all in China.

I also heard they will upgrade the processor later in the year. They just want to get the Nokia 9 out now, then move to the 855 chip.

Samsung has a pretty solid reputation.

But Nokia - especially since the MS Nokia debacle?

I am a total Nokia fan....but just a little skeptical....yes, I have to move to Android as MS abandoned us...Maybe OnePlus while I wait?

Still using my Alcatel Idol 4S....

I'd still pick Nokia over Samsung. Even using a Nokia on Android, for me, reminded me of their Windows Phone days. That's a good thing.

Rowdy Bedsaul

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
IDK That Nokia 9 camera must be the best phone camera yet, but the new Samsung UI is the most windows phone feeling, nicest android phone I've tried yet. I don't know how will it works with MS launcher or one of those tile launchers but as is I think it is nice. Also the Samsung has some nice camera tricks like the 960FPS video. But the Nokia is $50-150-300-800 cheaper.
Harder choice for me, my wife just ordered a s10e because the 7 dots on the back of the Nokia looked creepy to her.

Rowdy Bedsaul

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
IDK That Nokia 9 camera must be the best phone camera yet, but the new Samsung UI is the most windows phone feeling, nicest android phone I've tried yet. I don't know how will it works with MS launcher or one of those tile launchers but as is I think it is nice. Also the Samsung has some nice camera tricks like the 960FPS video. But the Nokia is $50-150-300-800 cheaper.
Harder choice for me, my wife just ordered a s10e because the 7 dots on the back of the Nokia looked creepy to her.

I bought the Nokia 9 and I got my wife a S10e and I the S10e is better in every way but two, it does have a bunch of dumb apps you don't need (but it is very friendly about disabling the Samsung and Google stuff you don't want) and depth of field in photos. That's it, this Nokia camera can get some great photos... with a ton of work. It is not a point and shoot at all.

if you are really individualistic Nokia 9, if you want the best phone right now S10.

really Nokia 9 is just for photographers.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Nokia 9 and I got my wife a S10e and I the S10e is better in every way but two, it does have a bunch of dumb apps you don't need (but it is very friendly about disabling the Samsung and Google stuff you don't want) and depth of field in photos. That's it, this Nokia camera can get some great photos... with a ton of work. It is not a point and shoot at all.

if you are really individualistic Nokia 9, if you want the best phone right now S10.

really Nokia 9 is just for photographers.

Thanks for the information. Of course, when it comes to OS updates, the Nokia should win that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss