GDR2 on Ativ S

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm wondering, is there any possible trick to force my device to discover the updates to download and install, like the pull-the-cable trick used for WP7.x devices?.....

thund3rbay

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
After one day... Battttterrryy life is excellent... I have the muggen 2430 battery on my samsung ativ s... Power on my phone at 6am Used my phone for mail and web 3 hours... 2 hours of call... 2 hours of music ( mp3 on it ) ... At 21 pm now... Battery is at 74% !!!!!!!! I am on umts hspa all day... Lte is off ( don t need lte until i tether ) ... Wifi is always off too... My data plan is unlimited

Really love my ativ now !

zorzgeo

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
My battery are extra without GDR2.
It's the point of way how you use your phone and no dependency with update installed ;)

dubbaYous

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I am using an unlocked i8750 unbranded also, using net10 (which uses at&t) in US with no gdr2 update either, ��

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Just received a message from other ATIV S user, he lives in Taiwan as well, but his phone did receive GDR2 update.

By the way, it just hit me, could it be the Country/Region setting in language+region settings? I'm in Taiwan, but I prefer setting the region as United States.

Last edited:

great_smell_of_brut

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
It's so depressing when you keep checking for an update and there isn't one. I'd feel better if I knew why. It doesn't help that my Ativ is one of those cheap Expansys ones :(

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Keep trying guys, they roll the update out based on IMEI so you will get it eventually ;)

Those of you who do have GDR2, have you noticed that the random reboots are gone as well. My ATIV S used to reboot once a day until I got GDR2 :)

Last edited:

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
>>Keep trying guys, they roll the update out based on IMEI so you will get it eventually ;)

Speaking of IMEI, what exactly is the mechanism of OTA on WP8 devices? Does it mean the machine must prove that it is online, being used, so it could be granted to receive GRD2 update?
I thought it works like Windows Update on ordinary Windows system, devices just simply receive updates when they are available on Windows Update.........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf