GDR3 Developer Preview Bug List

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My screen doesn't go blank during call. Btw my proximity sensor is working as my glance screen works fine.

Sent from my RM-821_im_mea3_515 using Tapatalk

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
The old problem of live tiles not updating seems to have returned since on my HTC 8X since the update. I have tried the soft reset that worked before but so far its not sorted the problem out

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Here is my first bug in GDR3 in settings under the cellular tab. Before if you are roaming in another country which has multiple GSM service you could before tap on the service providers and select which carrier you prefer to use.after the update you are unable to do that it locks to one carrier which sucks because it always choose the carrier with the worst service

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Every few days my phone will not automatically connect to known WiFi networks (home and work for example) it attempts to, but it pops up a message that the network cannot be reached. A soft reset fixes it, but it is annoying, pre gdr3 I could literally go months without rebooting the phone. Sux!

Using a 920 on AT&T

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick question, I was thinking of installing GDR3 from the developer preview, so I turned it on and downloaded the update, but had second thoughts so I turned it off and decided not to. Is there any way to delete or remove an update that has yet to be installed because now it just always tells me I have an update ready to be installed.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@LordGreyLock.

Don't think there is a way to get rid of it, save for doing a hard reset.
I initially did the same as you, but in the end gave in did the update and all has gone well.
Why the reservations about going forward?

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am somewhat concerned since this phone is my daily driver. Just worried I'll end up messing up my phone until the official release.

@LordGreyLock.

Don't think there is a way to get rid of it, save for doing a hard reset.
I initially did the same as you, but in the end gave in did the update and all has gone well.
Why the reservations about going forward?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean. 1st time I did the update it messed my phone up big time. Had to reflash to get it working again. 2nd time it's been a dream. I think I stated in this thread, if there's an underlying issue on your phone, GDR3 can wreak havoc on it.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean. 1st time I did the update it messed my phone up big time. Had to reflash to get it working again. 2nd time it's been a dream. I think I stated in this thread, if there's an underlying issue on your phone, GDR3 can wreak havoc on it.

I was more hesitant because you can't go back. I can deal with little annoyances but any big issues could be a major problem for me.

hildeman

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I suddenly lost vibrate on my phone. Has anyone else experienced since they updated? And does anyone have a solution? Hard reset did nothing. I saw where one other user complained of a weaker vibrate, but mine is completely gone!

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If you open a link to store from internet explorer and immediately press and hold back button under the store app you will see a music icon. Not like that if you open store from the app list only the links direct to store works.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Is anyone else having a problem with their mic when not on a call? My external mic doesn't seem to be working (voice activation, skype video calls, etc). Annoying as I'm unable to use my phone on loud speaker if needed..

Weird, I just noticed the same issue here as well on my 1020. My phone mic works, but the external mic for voice activation, speakerphone, and video recording is just noise. It's probably been like that the whole time, but I only noticed it yesterday.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bug in GDR3, bing icon

Going into 'multi-task' menu after updating a app utilizing the Lumia System Updater, it shows the 'music icon'...and after thoroughly reviewing this thread I see that there were other issues like this...:confused:

wp_ss_20131120_0001.png

Jorge Miguel Dias

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I have a Huawei W1 and installed the developer preview.

When i try to change the default camera to another app, doesn't show any app that i have installed (camera360, 6tag, fhotoroom, photosynth, pano, ...)
Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
another bug , Email alert tone is automatically resetting to "None"
View attachment 47846

I had this too....as I was wondering why I was 'not getting' any New Email sounds....it was showing 'none'............however, I kept experimenting with different sounds......and finally my preferred sound here: New email: Windows email---------------------->has been functioning/sounding properly! :)
This issue occurred when upgrading without performing a 'hard reset'.......and also occurred again after I did a 'hard reset'.....seems to be working fine now..
:confused:

wp_ss_20131120_0002.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon