(GDR3 INFO YOU NEED) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

I am kind of hoping everyone does it. Maybe that will help reinforce the fact to MS that going around the carriers is what everyone wants.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
34q4c1t.jpg

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I won't be doing it but I wish those going ahead all the best. My phone is carrier unbranded so I have no problems waiting for the official release which will likely hit my phone a week after the release which is more than good enough for me and will of course provide me with the all the firmware updates too.

Consider though that this could have an adverse effect on the official updates coming in a timely manner. If more and more people download this early, there'll be fewer vocal complaints about the delays in reaching carrier locked devices, potentially leaving the carriers and manufacturers to delay even further.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I won't be doing it but I wish those going ahead all the best. My phone is carrier unbranded so I have no problems waiting for the official release which will likely hit my phone a week after the release which is more than good enough for me and will of course provide me with the all the firmware updates too.

Consider though that this could have an adverse effect on the official updates coming in a timely manner. If more and more people download this early, there'll be fewer vocal complaints about the delays in reaching carrier locked devices, potentially leaving the carriers and manufacturers to delay even further.

Official release won't be coming out that soon.

Since most WPs are Nokia and MS is about to buy the cell phone business, you won't see a delay from the manufacturer side. As far as carriers, I don't really think they care one way or another (at least in the US)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99