(GDR3 INFO YOU NEED) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
meaning shimmer doesnt come bundled with GDR3, seperate packages from two companies. it doesnt mean you will never get shimmer, afaik, shimmer only gets released after GDR3 official release. so to re-iterate you wont get shimmer whilst using the gdr3 preview as shimmmer will only release after GDR3 official anyway

but once you do an inline, seamless update from the preview to the official GDR3, then shimmer is yours when they release it, and to doubly clarify, if i get your meaning, installing this GDR3 preview, doesnt mean you are now not eligible to receive shimmer, or future nokia FW updates, theres nothing permanent here, and in time, all updates can come your way, regardless of what previews you installed in the past.

I have a question about "You will not get Bittersweet with this":
Do you mean that you will not get Bittersweet while it's a preview, or you will never get Bittersweet doing this?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about "You will not get Bittersweet with this":
Do you mean that you will not get Bittersweet while it's a preview, or you will never get Bittersweet doing this?

I guess I should have worded that better. I changed it on the main post to make it easier to understand.

werdoz

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I upgrade my huawei ascend w1 is no problem
Not found any bug yet.. More smooth i think :)

Sent from my HUAWEI W1-C00 using Tapatalk

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the UK and I downloaded it last night. All hunky dory on my unlocked HTC 8x on Three.

I sorted it in the end thanks, but not using any of the links on WPcentral - I found a link on windowsphone.com FAQ about certificates not installing.

Aaaaand now I DO have GDR3, none of my apps open and the screen rotation option in settings does nothing when pressed.

Far from impressed!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I sorted it in the end thanks, but not using any of the links on WPcentral - I found a link on windowsphone.com FAQ about certificates not installing.

Aaaaand now I DO have GDR3, none of my apps open and the screen rotation option in settings does nothing when pressed.

Far from impressed!

You would be very much the exception. Have you tried a hard reset?

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. It went ok for me. Not all that much in the update really, at least not much that's visible. The Car Mode is nice though.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
okay finally did it...went well..took about 55 mins and 20%of battery..no major improvement in touch or smoothness or speed noticed by me..got everything which I was supposed to get...and that's about it....

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I can do this with the Lumia 1020(Att version) right?

I am a bit nervous but equally curious about GDR3.

I did the Beta for Windows rt 8.1 on my Surface RT with minimal issues(it just took ages to download and install :p) so i am hoping this is an easier experience.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I can do this with the Lumia 1020(Att version) right?

I am a bit nervous but equally curious about GDR3.

I did the Beta for Windows rt 8.1 on my Surface RT with minimal issues(it just took ages to download and install :p) so i am hoping this is an easier experience.

All WP8 GDR2 phones can do this. There has been very minimal reports or issues, and none (so far) have bricked any phones.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
After my problematic install I bit the bullet and did a hard reset.

All I can say is don't be afraid of hard resetting after GDR3 - it's a breeze! Not only did my install complete properly (with the exception of the ringtones) but you get WiFi connectivity on restart before you get your personal data back and every app is there waiting to be reinstalled.
Even my colour scheme was saved.

I had to hard push Amber again using one of the many tools in the store but hey - it worked.
I'll see if the personal ringtones filter down at the next update.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who already have GDR3, is there any difference in Pictures taken after update. Anything, White balance, sharpness or anything else? I read nothing about that, but you never know :)

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
nope, nothing changed here on my 920 - still yellow, it was an os update as opposed to firmware, so heres hoping shimmer sorts the cam

Anyone who already have GDR3, is there any difference in Pictures taken after update. Anything, White balance, sharpness or anything else? I read nothing about that, but you never know :)

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

That is a Firmware Related thing (from Nokia/HTC/Samsung => Bittersweet Shimmer) so everything should be the Same!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs