GDR3/Update 3 (Official consumer release, not developer preview)

Mattemoller90

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
T889M from Telus on T-Mobile US just got update to 8.0.10521.155 from developer preview.

Could you send me Your information about:
- radio hardware
- chip SOC
under setting -> about -> more info
On Ativ S T899m

(if you can post a screen shot of "setting -> about -> more info" (without imei and other personal information) )
thankyou

We try to enable LTE on i8750

Last edited:

Mattemoller90

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
These this tools requires unlocked phone?

Only diagnosis is required
For install diagnosis:
- you go in "phone" and "call" ##634#

After:
- Open Diagnosis and enter *#7284#,
- select QC RmNetComposite
- doing backup
- ReOpen Diagnosis and enter *#7284#,
- select MTP again.

(The phone will reboot when you change this value.)

Tomorrow I Will sent you driver and tool if you want

Last edited:

simw

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Be careful what you wish for. I have been running Developers GDR3 for some time, very happy with it. Two days ago an OTA update appeared - this has totally wreaked my Ativ s. I am in the UK with a German sourced device. I had a couple of issue with Bluetooth and an odd shut down for no reason, so I thought a hard reset was needed - bad move. Phone black screened numerous times, when I eventually got a working system none of my backed up apps will download, in fact I cannot download any app from the store, getting Error code: 8007049a. Do a search you will see I am not the only, there is a serious issue here that only a flash back to GDR2 will fix - what a stupid situation to be in.

Mattemoller90

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
T889M from Telus on T-Mobile US

lachutm don't read my PM I found a better solution ;) :
Use this tool is very very simple:

TOOL
DRIVER

For install diagnosis:
- you go in "phone" and "call" ##634#

After:
- Open Diagnosis and enter *#7284#,
- select QC RmNetComposite
- doing backup
- ReOpen Diagnosis and enter *#7284#,
- select MTP again.

(The phone will reboot when you change this value.)

extract and OPEN "NV reader/writer", and:
a) Click "port" in the top left and select your samsung serial port (see under device in your PC).
b) Make sure BOTH boxes in the top bar are checked.
c) Click "Connect" in the top bar.
d) Click "Read" in the top bar.
e) Click "Read" in the lower 'NV-items' section.
f) Save the .txt file, this is your backup

Last edited:

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Be careful what you wish for. I have been running Developers GDR3 for some time, very happy with it. Two days ago an OTA update appeared - this has totally wreaked my Ativ s. I am in the UK with a German sourced device. I had a couple of issue with Bluetooth and an odd shut down for no reason, so I thought a hard reset was needed - bad move. Phone black screened numerous times, when I eventually got a working system none of my backed up apps will download, in fact I cannot download any app from the store, getting Error code: 8007049a. Do a search you will see I am not the only, there is a serious issue here that only a flash back to GDR2 will fix - what a stupid situation to be in.
Was this an update from the developers preview to an Update 3 fix? Or did you revert to GDR2 before updating?

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm disappointed with Bell. We had GDR2 fairly quickly, but no sign of GDR3. I'm tempted to finally sign up for the developer program. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99