Get Media Content Now

MarkOnWP

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Since I got my Lumia 920, people complain about receiving double texts. I have read a few fixes and they seem to work for a few hours. I may even go a week or so with no SMS/MMS issues. But today it has been full blown problems. I can't receive any group texts, and I can send SMS on the 2nd or 3rd try each time. I know I'm missing group texts because I get individual messages from group members, but it's only the all-too-familiar "Get media content now?" links.

I'm seriously fed up with this. I'm considering going back to my broken screened iphone, because at least then I won't have to explain to my boss and coworkers why they get double texts and I can't read anything they sent me. My service provider is AT&T, for sympathizers. It's not on AT&T's end; I NEVER had this issue on any other phone, and it started immediately when I switched and never stopped.

Anyone here fixed this problem? I don't mean a "try this, maybe it'll reduce the frequency", I mean something like "Oh, that's because of ___, do ____ and it'll fix it." I'm not looking for a miracle, I'm just looking for on-par functionality with any other phone.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I suspect it is an AT&T issue but do this, in your settings, look for access point. Check it to see which LTE setting you are using.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I suspect it is an AT&T issue but do this, in your settings, look for access point. Check it to see which LTE setting you are using.

I agree. When I've had SMS issues changing from LTE 1 to LTE 2 (or vice-versa) has always fixed the issue for me.

getalex

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the same boat - LTE 2 seems to be the better APN but contacting support leads nowhere because they don't understand that there's an Access Point app integrated to settings - and when they understand you they have nothing to say about a fix or issue.

When people say "switching between 1 & 2 fixes the problem" this is fine when you know there is a problem - but most the time I am unaware there is a problem because I simply do not even get a message on my phone and my friends think the MMS was sent from their end.

My take is that installing the Access Point app disrupts service because AT&T can no longer reach the phone or switch between APNs automatically. I'm not going to stay on a platform that fails to deliver and receive messages - whether it's AT&T, Microsoft, or Nokia to blame - the support is nothing short of awful.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs