Get The Best Out Of Your Nokia Lumia 920 Camera

bkbkjbb

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, as you guys would see me as a complete noob, I would like to direct you to a thread I create over at XDA regarding the Nokia Lumia 920. If posting links like this is not allowed, then please forgive my ignorance. I just figured I would give the link rather then rewriting the whole post and photo attachments.
Thanks!

Get The Best Out Of Your Nokia Lumia 920 Camera - xda-developers

Stupid computer wouldn't let me just upload photos, so I saved the comparisons to my skydrive. Here is the link to the folder, once there use your computer to view the photos. No editing done to the photos. Just imported into lightroom 4 compare module.
The photo of the puppy close up you can see while pro cam was telling me my focus was locked, and I kept trying and trying yet it clearly did not lock to where I was focusing. Ive noticed this for a lot of shots, pro cam just refuses to focus where I tell it. While OneShot is nailing it. Weird.
Also, something I noticed, while using pro cam it gives me an inaccurate white balance with a yellow tint....oneshot seems to correct this.
For the puppy shot, I used ISO 100 for both camera apps, the others shots I used full auto as ISO 100 is not suitable for all situations. And in all honesty, from my previos comparisons when I did use ISO 100 for all the shots, the results were still oneshot app on top easily.

https://skydrive.live.com/?qt=allmyphotos#cid=6686138D23C01123&id=6686138D23C01123!137

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a problem with your being "new" as much as I have with the preamble of why you're here. Just announce the app, tell us how great you think it is and why and let the community decide. Easy Peasy.

bkbkjbb

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a problem with your being "new" as much as I have with the preamble of why you're here. Just announce the app, tell us how great you think it is and why and let the community decide. Easy Peasy.

I'm here because I own a windows phone, I told you about the app and why I like it, and it is for you to decide to use it or not.
any other problems?
Or is it because I used a link to another forum?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm here because I own a windows phone, I told you about the app and why I like it, and it is for you to decide to use it or not.
any other problems?
Or is it because I used a link to another forum?

That's all I'm saying bkbkjbb. I'm thinking its decent to host the question and discussion here since this is the hub of all things Windows Phone. You didn't and the post has not been closed so I'm thinking, its all good.
Having said that, I am interested in what your opinion is on the one app you've spent a considerable amount of time with. Looking at the reviews, its gets 3 stars out of 5. Mostly because its slow loading. But what about the app itself. Post up some photos, and the settings you used so we can see whats up. Or are you saying, that discussion is across the hall at XDA?

bkbkjbb

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
That's all I'm saying bkbkjbb. I'm thinking its decent to host the question and discussion here since this is the hub of all things Windows Phone. You didn't and the post has not been closed so I'm thinking, its all good.
Having said that, I am interested in what your opinion is on the one app you've spent a considerable amount of time with. Looking at the reviews, its gets 3 stars out of 5. Mostly because its slow loading. But what about the app itself. Post up some photos, and the settings you used so we can see whats up. Or are you saying, that discussion is across the hall at XDA?

I think it got lower ratings because people with non Lumia phones tend to have issues. With the 920, its perfect. It could be a little faster, but the end result is worth it. Its also a photo editor, so you can pull photos into it and edit and save them, and its very good at that. You have a fav button setting where you can set a button to what you want it to do when pressed, I would suggest setting it as manual shutter release so you can touch to focus and take a pic when your ready, if you don't use manul shutter release then the photo is taken when you touch to focus. Also, I always use 2-3 sharpness as my first setting. Every other setting would depend on my shot of course.
were you able to see my comparison photos at xda? I guess to make it fair I should add photos to my first post here so you guys don't have to go to xda. I'll update that later today

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it got lower ratings because people with non Lumia phones tend to have issues. With the 920, its perfect. It could be a little faster, but the end result is worth it. Its also a photo editor, so you can pull photos into it and edit and save them, and its very good at that. You have a fav button setting where you can set a button to what you want it to do when pressed, I would suggest setting it as manual shutter release so you can touch to focus and take a pic when your ready, if you don't use manul shutter release then the photo is taken when you touch to focus. Also, I always use 2-3 sharpness as my first setting. Every other setting would depend on my shot of course.
were you able to see my comparison photos at xda? I guess to make it fair I should add photos to my first post here so you guys don't have to go to xda. I'll update that later today

I did see them. I was curious about those photos though. Where they Lightroom enhanced?

bkbkjbb

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I did see them. I was curious about those photos though. Where they Lightroom enhanced?

no, those photos were completely untouched. I pulled them into lightroom 4 just to use the side by side compare module. So I could zoom in 100% on both photos side by side and see the differences.
I'll post some more soon, gotta get my daughter to bed first.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Do that. When you get time, post up some pics. I'm tempted to grab that app but without a trial, I'm asking a few questions first. :)

bkbkjbb

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Link to my skydrive folder with comparison photos added in first post. Its the only way I could do it. I could not upload the images via computer to this site for whatever reason. YOU HAVE TO VIEW THE PHOTOS FROM YOUR COMPUTER SO YOU CAN ENLARGE THEM AND SEE IT BETTER

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077