getting tired of developers leaving

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I do share the same feeling as OP. I have to resort to Internet Explorer for most of my favorite sites which have apps on other platforms and even then the mobile sites are mostly rendered really badly because of the fact that they are almost all Webkit optimized. Just a list of my app problems:

- The Facebook app isn't complete and the mobile site feels really cheap and slow if your compare it to iOS or Android
- IMDB is really lacking while this was one of the showcase apps back in the WP7 days. There isn't even a login possibilty (IMDB is useless to me without my Watchlist)
- No The Verge app... and the site doesn't work well because of Webkit optimization (it's my favorite site)
- No localized sites (Autoblog, Autoweek, Tweakers, NUsport, etc)
- No Google apps (Gmail, Youtube (MetroTube doesn't show all videos just like the old iOS app and the mobile site has quirks), Google Maps (GMaps isn't a good solution))
- Most banking apps in my country aren't available
- Whatsapp is implemented really badly with the draining WIFI hack and bugs (I have almost 160 Whatsapp contacts, it's the number one communication method on phones in my country)

I could go on :) I feel like I'm really making a lot of compromises in day to day usage. In my opinion unnecessary compromises as on iOS and Android these problems don't exist. And still I love Windows Phone, but I'm seriously doubting if I should just get an iPhone 5 for and try Windows Phone in a year or so again.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
A Company or University shouldn't use the free Gmail-service, they should atleast use the "premium" service to be able to somehow administrate the accounts. From what I understand, these services will work as they Always have.

albertph

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: getting tired

I guess you missed the part where I said I was happy with what I had, and had no interest whatsoever in changing my workflow? No to mention the fact that everybody I talk to is signed into gtalk all the time.

I guess you missed the part where he said "I'm not trying to sell you on switching. I just want you to be educated." /facepalm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124