Google Calendar and Google Apps for Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just log into Google.com and click the icon on the upper right. All of those services are there. If you have a gmail account - the services are in the upper right icon there also.

girishkdesh

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
There is a question with similar subject answered somewhere in the past... BUT THERE IS A BETTER WAY TO DO THAT!
Follow the steps
1. Go to google chrome and open your google calendar in the browser.
2. Click the verticle 3 dots on the browser while still being on the google calendar page.
3. Go to the More Tools option and therein to the Create Shortcut option
4. A popup shows up with the suggested name for the page and the option OPEN AS WINDOW.
5. Choose the name with which you want the shortcut to be and check the box for OPEN AS WINDOW.
6. Click the button CREATE to make the shortcut appear on the desktop home screen. That must be with an appropriate icon of the Google Calendar too.
7. Right-click the icon and choose PIN TO START or PIN TO TASKBAR option and tadaaaa... there you get the nice shortcut for the google calendar. But wait the magic starts after that...
8. When you click the icon (whether from the desktop or the one pinned to start or taskbar), the calendar opens as an app in a separate window with a beautiful UI waiting for you. The look of the calendar here is way better than the local windows calendar app.
9. The opened up app is FULLY FUNCTIONAL with all the side widgets like GOOGLE KEEP, GOOGLE TASKS, GOOGLE CONTACTS, GOOGLE MAPS etc. (which you have already opted for in your google account--- it also comes with the third-party integrations like Evernote and so on...) fast, slik and can be searched in the start app list like a regular local windows app. It works OFFLINE too and gets synced when you are back online.
Don't want to sound arrogant, but I FOUND the above way given by me AMAZINGLY BETTER THAN THE SOLUTION GIVEN HERE.

BONUS: You can follow the same steps to add any page as a web app on Windows. ALL THE GOOGLE SERVICES LIKE GOOGLE KEEP, GOOGLE DOCS ETC are a good point to start doing it.

girishkdesh

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
The services are available from the browser as such... but the question was to add the google apps to windows 10. I could figure it out and have answered my own question.
Thanks for the reply though...

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
girishkdesh;[URL="tel:3839574" said:
3839574[/URL]]The services are available from the browser as such... but the question was to add the google apps to windows 10. I could figure it out and have answered my own question.
Thanks for the reply though...
Hahaha.. well, I didn’t think telling you to pin shortcut to those services on your desktop or menu was giving the answer you were looking for (my mistake) - but yes, that does give you straight access to each. I use all those services via my browser as that’s the fastest access for me to manage those apps in tabs. Glad you found your solution ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon