Google Chrome: Would you use it?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
LOL! I read this whole thread and guess what I find

lots of Google haters are here.

Well, if you ask me, choice is always good.
IE for WP lacks pretty much every basic thing.(Download Manager, poor Javascript and HTML5 support, switching between tabs, saving password and many more)
and WP developers are very slow in adding new features in WP.(specially the most demanded one)

If Google release chrome for WP, that will force WP developers to make IE better.

Wait ie 10 mobile does have html5 support , JavaScript is fine on my phone , will re-run the test , tab switching is fast and fluid , wp8.1 will include ie 11 , which does support downloading and uploading files , unlimited tabs , saving passwords and tabs syncing. Now do you still prefer google chrome on windows phone 8.1 :D

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Wait ie 10 mobile does have html5 support , JavaScript is fine on my phone , will re-run the test , tab switching is fast and fluid , wp8.1 will include ie 11 , which does support downloading and uploading files , unlimited tabs , saving passwords and tabs syncing. Now do you still prefer google chrome on windows phone 8.1 :D

Yep! not only chrome but also like to use Firefox, Opera, Dolphin on my phone.
more competition always force developers to make their app better and better.
If Google release chrome for WP, then WP developers are force to make IE better and better so that users don't switch to Chrome.
Right now their isn't a single browser in WP market which can become threat to IE.

and I told IE isn't good because WP developers are very very slow in adding basic features.
All new features you mention are basic and they takes 4 years to add these features.:eck::unhappy:
and some websites very often crashes on IE ( for example - Phonearena.com)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yep! not only chrome but also like to use Firefox, Opera, Dolphin on my phone.
more competition always force developers to make their app better and better.
If Google release chrome for WP, then WP developers are force to make IE better and better so that users don't switch to Chrome.
Right now their isn't a single browser in WP market which can become threat to IE.

and I told IE isn't good because WP developers are very very slow in adding basic features.
All new features you mention are basic and they takes 4 years to add these features.:eck::unhappy:
and some websites very often crashes on IE of WP( for example - Phonearena.com)

Dolphin , opera are still on halt because they use WebKit which windows phone does not support , all the other browsers on windows phone market are actually just ie with custom theme , they are all using the same engine used by internet explorer 10 mobile , in short opera can develop apps for windows phone but they all demand html 5 WebKit engine which is present on both iOS and android.
Though uc browser does support file downloading , thanks to Microsoft new API for deeper integration.
For me IE on my mobile is very smooth , far better than safari on my iPad which crashes when I open multiple tabs , oh apple please you still haven't fixed this on iOS 7.1
These features aren't basis , this makes the os and browser more powerful and Microsoft is trying hard to implement them in next update.

Oh and if you heard of an kik messenger , they drop support for windows phone due the same issue , read more here ;). Kik CEO: "We'll Support Windows Phone When WebKit Support is Added to WP8" | TruTower

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Dolphin , opera are still on halt because they use WebKit which windows phone does not support , all the other browsers on windows phone market are actually just ie with custom theme , they are all using the same engine used by internet explorer 10 mobile , in short opera can develop apps for windows phone but they all demand html 5 WebKit engine which is present on both iOS and android.
Though uc browser does support file downloading , thanks to Microsoft new API for deeper integration.
For me IE on my mobile is very smooth , far better than safari on my iPad which crashes when I open multiple tabs , oh apple please you still haven't fixed this on iOS 7.1
These features aren't basis , this makes the os and browser more powerful and Microsoft is trying hard to implement them in next update.

Oh and if you heard of an kik messenger , they drop support for windows phone due the same issue , read more here ;). Kik CEO: "We'll Support Windows Phone When WebKit Support is Added to WP8" | TruTower

But these basic features are available on other browser like Chrome since ages.
It's a smartphone and these consider basic in smartphone.
Why MS is sooo slow in adding these things.
4 years isn't a short time.
We are in 2014 and our browser still can't do these things.
Sometime it feels like MS isn't serious about WP neither their developers.
and it's nothing surprising that windows phone does not support.
This is all I heard on WP that it can't support that , it can't do that and blah blah.

isn't app problem enough that MS bring another problem - adding new things very slowly.

kukuxumusu

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I really want to have a official google services on windows phone. I want to have a chrome, youtube and gmail that's all I want. But the things that I dont like about google is ANDROID.:grincry: That's why I am using windows phone in the first place. :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria