Google Chrome: Would you use it?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely give it a try! I think it would depend on feature set. However given Google's track record with WP, this actually being made would surprise me.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I won't use Google Chrome, I'd prefer to have Chromium instead.

As for that rumor, I don't think Google is willing to create browsers on an OS that does not allow WebKit.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope, not anymore, I ditched Chrome on my PC. Sometimes it gets too buggy and unusable... Opera is 100000% better!!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Not a chance in hell. Since Google started acting like dicks with Windows and Windows Phone users they were banned. No Chrome, no Google account. The only thing I use it from is for search when Bing doesn't find what I want.

And regardless, I doubt this will happen because Google considers that its Windows customers are not important.

StrykerGT

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I'll use it, that would also bring Chromecast support. But I don't think that Google will use something different than webkit for Chrome. Will Microsoft finally let webkit support for WP?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Eh, if you asked my a year ago, I would've said yes.
But the lack of ARMv6 support (on Android) and the need for a decent sync between the Android and my computer began my weaning onto Firefox. My upgrade to Windows 8, Windows Phone, and Google's less than friendly activities were the final blow. I use a combo of Firefox and IE now. IE still chokes a bit here and there so FF for fancy things like YouTube and TagPro, IE for tab syncing and my "official" favorites list.