Groove Music 20% battery drain in 1 hour

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I just went to the gym and had my phone playing Groove Music to my bluetooth earphones, 20 volume and screen off the whole time.
In one hour it went from 86% to 63%.

Anyone else finding such battery drain?
On my 1520 with W10 insider build, music on SD card and same earphones it is not as bad as this.

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
wow! I use groove music for hours at a time playing music off the SD card connected to a blue tooth jam box, and have never experienced battery drain. I am actually quite pleased at how well the 950 xl battery does with groove music.

Have you done a hard reset yet? My battery's performance drastically improved after I did a hard reset back in early December after having the phone for a week. The 1st week battery performance was horrible, but after doing the hard reset to get OS .29,( I am now on .36), the battery has actually been very good, getting approximately 19 hours a day of moderate use, including groove music.

revolvet

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
You should look at battery usage to see if the battery was mainly used by Groove Music or not. You also should try to replicate your issue to confirm that it's a problem not a random battery drain from other source(s).

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I am also on .36 but didn't do a hard reset after upgrading to that.
when i set up the phone originally it was all new, not restore from backup and try to avoid doing all the setup again.

Didn't get the recent firmware update due to being on Insider so not sure if that will help.

Home office tomorrow so will go for a hard reset and see if I can get new firmware using the recovery tool then give it a few more days to settle down.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Battery for last 24hours has Groove at the top and tapping Groove for details says

System 49.4%
in use 40.6%
background 59.4%

Groove has always eaten my 950XL battery so I can be sure it is not isolated but I hoped it would settle down after a few weeks and I didn't try it since the .36 update.

Let's see what tomorrows hard reset brings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs