[Guide] Install official Update 1 on Ativ S (I8750)!

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Here's how to install official Update 1 on I8750 Ativ S!

I'm not responsible for bricked or dead phones! ALL YOUR DATA WILL BE DELETED! Backup everything before you proceed!

1. Flash your phone back to GDR2 using this guide and use firmware from here

2. When you are on GDR2, open phone and dial ##634# and wait for Diagnosis to open. In diagnosis app, dial *#321647335 and select ATO CSC. Phone will reboot and hard reset.

3. Search for updates. You'll get GDR3 update first, after installing it, you're able to install Update 1.

Tested it and worked on my unbranded Ativ S.

Happy updating,
myst02

Last edited:

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Why are you duplicating topics? There is no need for millions of guides. Here is guide that user can follow and is made on this site along with notes and warnings.

SatanWantYou

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hah,if don't maked any topic about reverting windows back to gdr3 from 8.1 nobody was gonna do it...i like you guys...(i don't need likes or thanks because i do it first but its frustation to see everybody do it when i need it and was no topic about this and i do myself -.- )

RvN68

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I went back to GDR2 yesterday. No problems. Other guide however. From this forum though.
how-revert-back-wp8-gdr3-wp8-1-dp
I now also have those arrows by my WiFo and data connection indicating traffic which I didn't have before.
And no "after flash" when using camera

gilnfld

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can tell this firmware/software downgrade and upgrade is for the i8750 ONLY and should NOT be used for the north american t989 ativ s, is that right? If so, why does the OP message say this is guide for ANY ativ s ??? If I am mistaken please correct me but if not I would like to ask the mods or OP to change the tittle as it is misleading.

cheers,

gs

RvN68

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. Just noticed I don't have ability to select random MP3 for my ringtone anymore. :angry:
Bummer. Anyone an idea how to fix?!

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
As far as I can tell this firmware/software downgrade and upgrade is for the i8750 ONLY and should NOT be used for the north american t989 ativ s, is that right? If so, why does the OP message say this is guide for ANY ativ s ??? If I am mistaken please correct me but if not I would like to ask the mods or OP to change the tittle as it is misleading.

cheers,

gs
As i said, this is a little misleading guide, and i recommend you follow the guide i posted as i tried to make it as clear as possible. If you are still confused, feel free to ask in that thread and someone will clarify that for you. Also this is NOT and i repeat NOT for ANY ATIV S - it's only for I-8750.

gilnfld

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
As i said, this is a little misleading guide, and i recommend you follow the guide i posted as i tried to make it as clear as possible. If you are still confused, feel free to ask in that thread and someone will clarify that for you. Also this is NOT and i repeat NOT for ANY ATIV S - it's only for I-8750.

Megadragon998, I apologize if you read my post as a response to you, it wasn't. I need no help with any of this as I have been flashing /programming / modding phone software and hardware since the days of the Startac. ;). I was not looking for assistance, I just wanted the original post/thread title as written by the OP - myst02 - to be changed since it still reads ANY ATIV S which is very very wrong.

gs

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Megadragon998, I apologize if you read my post as a response to you, it wasn't. I need no help with any of this as I have been flashing /programming / modding phone software and hardware since the days of the Startac. ;). I was not looking for assistance, I just wanted the original post/thread title as written by the OP - myst02 - to be changed since it still reads ANY ATIV S which is very very wrong.

gs

Hi,

the guide is meant for installing on any I8750 Ativ S, I know it's very misleading. I'm very sorry.
Mods please change title.

myst02

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

gs
Don't worry, no offence taken :) i understood completely what you wanted to say, i just wanted to make it clear for others that this must not be tried on canadian ativs and that this guide is relatively pointless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124