Hal thinks Microsoft is working with OpenMobile to support Android apps on WP

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has only one play to really close the app gap in the next 12-18 months, and that is something they have to do that if they want Windows Phone to have a future. That play is make it easy for developers to port Android apps to Windows Phone, a capability I think is likely to be part of Threshold. It?s possible that Microsoft would simply choose to allow Android apps to run on Threshold, perhaps just on phones but tablets are also a possibility. There are a number of existing sources for technology to do this, but I suspect Microsoft is working with OpenMobile World Wide. Want a clue on this? Open the data sheet for the upcoming OpenMobile ACL for Windows and look at the picture on the upper right.

On the Threshold with Windows Phone (amongst other things) | Hal's (Im)Perfect Vision

Description of ACL for Windows:

ACL-enabled Android apps perform as native on the Windows operating system, with minimal
latencies. App execution is efficient in the Windows host environment; ACL-enabled Android apps act as peers of native Windows apps, requiring minimal resouce and power usage. Android apps appear like Windows apps, promising a seamless experience for the end user.

OpenMobile | Enabling Android Apps on non-Android Platforms

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Who's Hal? And I just dont get the obsession with android apps, why not ios apps? They're not potentially filled with malware and ios 8's design would fit better with the WP UI. Ultimately though, there's just no way this would be good for any Windows platform and Microsoft would be stupid to add this to any of their operating systems, in one stroke they would destroy their own app stores in favour of android drekk. No thanks!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Who's Hal? And I just dont get the obsession with android apps, why not ios apps? They're not potentially filled with malware and ios 8's design would fit better with the WP UI. Ultimately though, there's just no way this would be good for any Windows platform and Microsoft would be stupid to add this to any of their operating systems, in one stroke they would destroy their own app stores in favour of android drekk. No thanks!

iOS is closed sourced so the apps cannot be distributed on any platforms unlike android which is open source. I can even use android apps on my pc with bluestacks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire