Has anyone installed wp 8.1 in lumia 525/520?

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Running well enough on my Lumia 525. But the performance is noticably sluggish compared to the 8.0 GDR3/Lumia Black it shipped with. Even locking the phone takes like a second now, while it used to be instant.

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have it on a 521. It is a bit slower, but features like word flow, Cortana, action center, start screen backgrounds, and triple medium tiles make up for it.

BenWylde

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Indeed a little slower, but that might be due to the firmware which isn't set for 8.1 yet. Also, it's to be expected from a preview, the final will probably be faster, hopefully. But the features work like a charm, even though I can't use Cortana here (but I don't mind anyway).

Didn't had any problems beside of the Music and Video apps (Music doesn't find everything 'n stuff and Video shows thumbnails from videos which were already deleted), but they're probably old versions (well the Music app seem to be outdated according to the news post on the main page) which get updated someday.

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Runs fine on my Lumia 520 except that the battery life has reduced badly. I am sure it will improve with the official release.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I think it's best to keep in mind that if GDR3 is anything to go by, this might actually turn out to be the final version. Though GDR3 didn't have problems like this, so Microsoft might come up with a new update before pushing it officially to OEMs and carriers.

Oh, and another issue I have is copying lots of images taking a long time and taking about 1.6 times the space of the images, thanks to downscaled copies being made in the \WPSystem folder. Though this is probably some "feature" and I'm going to have to be stuck with this, since not many people seem to be noticing it.

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It runs well on my 521, but there is some lag/delay with button presses and animations.

Very usable, just afraid it will start to slow down and cripple me like my Android phones have always done.

If they could get the speed back to where it was, it would be amazing.

Battery is draining fast...I'm sure needing GPS on for Cortana is not helping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05