Has anyone tried Lumia Battery Saver & Booster - 8.1 app?

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
re: Has anyone tried Lumia Battery Saver & Booster - 8.1 app?

This is why I cringe when I see various web sites recommending willy-nilly this or that app to download.

The day when MS has a system app that tells you what data on your phone every third party app is accessing is when you know they are serious about your personal data but even Apple doesn't have one yet so I don't expect one for Windows Phone any time soon.

I'd never ever expect a system app like this for Android though. Google wants complete access to all of the data on your phone and on their servers because that's how it makes its money. By extension that's how its partners expect to make money too.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

The day when MS has a system app that tells you what data on your phone every third party app is accessing is when you know they are serious about your personal data but even Apple doesn't have one yet so I don't expect one for Windows Phone any time soon.

I don't think an app will fix this issue. I understand prior to downloading apps you can go to the section to see what info the app needs access to. Now if somehow the app you suggest can be used as a gate keeper and deny apps access to certain info after installation then I would be all for it. Something like that if possible would be a great privacy tool.

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Try Juicy !
It has just been released and it features beautiful and professional designed tiles for battery, with useful info.
You might need to search for "battery Juicy" in store.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think an app will fix this issue. I understand prior to downloading apps you can go to the section to see what info the app needs access to. Now if somehow the app you suggest can be used as a gate keeper and deny apps access to certain info after installation then I would be all for it. Something like that if possible would be a great privacy tool.

Even just requiring the developer to say why various access is needed on the honor system would be a big improvement. It could be just a link so as to not distract the people who don't care. MS involvement would just be to respond to complaints if someone discovers the developer lied.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Guess I'll stick with insider pro, that app states it can switch the phones battery settings into 4 modes which I have no clue how it is possible really. Juicy app seems interesting but right now the insider pro despite running in background shows 0% battery usage.

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I am glad you find the app interesting, and I hope you will give it a try sometime (we have a trial version too).
We seriously taken in consideration the battery consumption so you should not see any impact on battery with Juicy.

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
If you have the time, it will help me a lot if you can send me some screenshots of my app, on your phone.
I did not had a chance to see how the graphics scale on big screen devices (I own a 930 and 925 only)
Email: contact@itsjuicy.net or PM

Thanks a lot for all the help !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loepoez