Headphones issues

oduffy

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

When I play music through the phone's speakers everything is fine and the sound quality is good. But when I plug in earphones the sound is terrible, it sounds like it is playing underwater and is badly distorted! Have tried rebooting and several different earphones but nothing has worked. :cry:
Anyone experiencing the same problems?

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you toggling off and on Beats Audio in the phone settings?

All sounds are distorted or just music stored on your phone?

oduffy

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i have tried toggling Beat Audio on and off but there is no difference.

Music and video files, radio, internet videos are all affected but all play perfectly through the phone speakers. It has to be a problem with the headphone jack?

frankiect

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It could be the jack or the headphones. If you are using the ones that came with the phone, you could have gotten a faulty pair. Try borrowing other people's headphones to isolate this possibility.

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It could be the jack or the headphones. If you are using the ones that came with the phone, you could have gotten a faulty pair. Try borrowing other people's headphones to isolate this possibility.

What He Said !
I had the same problem at first , when I used my old Sony Vivaz Pro Headphones , I used my old iPod headphones & the ones came with it & both of them worked fine !
I also had the same problem with one of my old Motorola phones when I plugged in a Nokia headphones .

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay I'm getting this problem with some new headphones I bought. The bass sound is way too loud and distorted and the singing and high notes are quiet and muffled. The funny thing is that the same headphones work perfectly in my laptop and I've just tried some different headphones in my phone and everything sounds fine.

I have a feeling that for some reason, some headphones (perhaps those with bass boosting) conflict with the built-in beats audio settings and creates this distorted sound. It's strange that it still is distorted after switching off the Beats Audio in settings.

Another curious thing that happens with these new headphones is that sometimes the voice assistant thing (comes up when you hold the windows button) randomly pops up. This doesn't seem to be happening with my other headphones.

Now this has only started happening after updating to GDR3, but that could be just a coincidence with buying the new headphones.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I know this may sound stupid but have you made sure the jack is fully inserted? I have found that with some headphones, you need to push until it really clicks! I had a similar issue a while back.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
It's in as far as I can get it, unfortunately.

Mmmmn...I'm stumped! That really shouldn't happen. Although I do remember years ago, I gave the Nokia headphones that came with my N8 to my little bro for his iphone and he had a similar issue. But in that instance, the reasons maybe obvious. But these are headphones bought outside the realm of phone manufactures, so it just shouldn't be happening period!

The only other thing I can think of - and this is just to try and isolate what the problem is - is to plug the headphone jack into a splittler or extender (3.5mm of course) and see if they work then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny