Heartbroken seeing how Nokia has treated it's cutest Windows Phone ever - the Lumia 620!!!

Ash_Biz

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm totally heartbroken seeing how Nokia has treated it's cutest Windows Phone ever - the Nokia Lumia 620. Why Nokia, why don't you release the Black update for this phone? 620 owners were one of the first people to switch to Windows Phone 8 - long before the 520 & 720 owners did! Still, they will be the last ones to receive GDR3+Black and that too, looks uncertain as of now. And even 620's firmware information has been quietly removed from the Nokia Software Recovery Tool!

#ShowUsSomeLoveDearNokia

Ash_Biz

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
In India, we don't have carriers; we have unlocked phones and it is Nokia's responsibility to provide us with device updates. They are totally silent about the 620. Their official Facebook, official Twitter, official E-mail Support, official Care Centres are just mouth-shut about 620, looks like they have no idea whatsoever. Wonder what went wrong!

s_madhekar

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I spoke with Nokia Care (India) today and they too don't have any idea about Black Update.
The person was just apologizing and told me that It will come , but when nobody knows.

NokiaFanAWP

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I also feel let down by Nokia, cause all u ever hear when asking questions about lumia is "not supported this, not supported that, coming soon, not available for, windows phone limitation etc." I am really thinking about moving to Samsung Android after all these years, but it's gona take a while to make up my mind though, but if it goes on like this, my next phone will be S Galaxy or something

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I also feel let down by Nokia, cause all u ever hear when asking questions about lumia is "not supported this, not supported that, coming soon, not available for, windows phone limitation etc." I am really thinking about moving to Samsung Android after all these years, but it's gona take a while to make up my mind though, but if it goes on like this, my next phone will be S Galaxy or something

I am thinking of Moto G or Nexus series. These devices getting faster updates than any other WP phone right now.

Last edited:

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
If you're switching to Android because of a small update, then you're stupid, because Android phones never get updated...

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
even if you dont have a carrier your country still has to have a test and approval for the update....
its the same with my sister who just bought a WP8. she got it with a plan but its not tied to carrier, carrier doesnt even know about the update because its not branded or locked to the carrier, but it still has country code, and someone somewhere has to test and accept the update to get approved and deployed.

next time its easier just to check this
http://www.nokia.com/global/support...re-update/wp8-availability-in-asia-pacific/so

it seems anyway, many contry variant around the world are waiting for approval so... its just a matter of patience and nothing else, you can see most phones have Black in Asia, not the 620 though. but if it says "waiting for a approval" its because its almost there which is good.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
If you're switching to Android because of a small update, then you're stupid, because Android phones never get updated...

if this is the situation with small updates then what will be the situation with bigger updates.
One word answer -worse.
And it's not me who is stupid, it's actually you who is narrow minded.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
if this is the situation with small updates then what will be the situation with bigger updates.
One word answer -worse.
DUDE, I said IF you're switching to android... Anyways, at least YOU ARE GETTING updates, android doesn't get updates at all, so you have to be grateful. Always remember: Better late than never...
Please forgive me if I said something you didn't like :) I'm really sorry

Fiddle N

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm no android lover but this is quite the exaggeration. WP devices are not guaranteed updates either, so lets not pretend that its perfect in that respect.

Except all WP devices are guaranteed Microsoft OS updates through the Preview for Developers app. There's no similar thing in place for Android.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
One word answer -worse.

Your definition of "small" worries me... Besides, here with Windows Phone, we are guaranteed updates for 18 months (a year and a half). Android (Google) doesn't offer the same deal, you might be lucky to get one, maybe two, updates out of them, so if you're switching over to Android because of an update, you'll actually find yourself in a worse predicament that you are now. Please do a bit of research first, thanks! :D

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
DUDE, I said IF you're switching to android... Anyways, at least YOU ARE GETTING updates, android doesn't get updates at all, so you have to be grateful. Always remember: Better late than never...
Please forgive me if I said something you didn't like :) I'm really sorry

Well I am thinking it now.
And if you read my comment again then I am not talking about any Android device. I am talking about devices which get faster updates. Like Nexus.

And GDR updates are not really updates, it's more like a bug fix.
So, in other words we havn't really got updates.

Real update is WP8.1 and this update is gonna be very late for L620 users because as more and more WP devices are coming updates are getting slower and slower.

And
I am sorry too for the last line I said.

Last edited:

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Your definition of "small" worries me... Besides, here with Windows Phone, we are guaranteed updates for 18 months (a year and a half). Android (Google) doesn't offer the same deal, you might be lucky to get one, maybe two, updates out of them, so if you're switching over to Android because of an update, you'll actually find yourself in a worse predicament that you are now. Please do a bit of research first, thanks! :D

Actually you have to do more research about WP.
GDR updates are bug fix.
WP 8.1 is update which we haven't got it yet and most probably will be the last update.
So, actually in WP we haven't got a single major updates and we are also getting one update too.

Android is all about major updates even if you get one it match with WP update system.
and
Well, I am thinking of Nexus which will atleast get 3 major updates.
Even Moto G got one major update and may be got another update too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss