hello wp central

mopar_fxr

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Figured I would say hello in the intros section. I'm new to the WP genre but not to having fun within phone platforms. I have been, and honestly still am, a major bb user. I have been interested in this platform though for a while and came across a Lumia to roll as my secondary device a couple weeks ago. I will admit, I do enjoy the experience thus far and look to find other ways to tweak and personalize a bit more. So if you catch me around in here asking goofy noob questions... Yea, here I am a noob hahaha. I do look forward to new challenges and fun though. With peeking around a bit there are a few familiar crackberry names I am seeing already too, to those... Hehe I'm here �� to everyone else, nice to meet you.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral! We are always glad to have more people. BTW, I was surprised that people are still reading my Z10 review. Thanks for the reply on that thread.

mopar_fxr

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral! We are always glad to have more people. BTW, I was surprised that people are still reading my Z10 review. Thanks for the reply on that thread.

I was surprised to see a bb10 review in here honestly. I'm sure we will have some talks in the future. Il be digging around to see how much I can play in this is �� curse of a mechanic, can't leave anything well enough alone hahaha.
Also thank you for the welcomes everyone. I do look forward to learning a bit more on this, and hopefully getting the wife to leave the dreaded iPhone hahaha

mopar_fxr

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Which Lumia did you get?
I got a Verizon Lumia 928. The signals on this do share on the att network and I still even get lte where I am in Chicago on it ��
like I said, I tend to dive in kinda deep into my devices to play and see what I can actually do with them hehe.
would love to find a way to roll BBM, then pop my sim in here for a full day and see what's up, but that's a ways off yet.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I got a Verizon Lumia 928. The signals on this do share on the att network and I still even get lte where I am in Chicago on it ��
like I said, I tend to dive in kinda deep into my devices to play and see what I can actually do with them hehe.
would love to find a way to roll BBM, then pop my sim in here for a full day and see what's up, but that's a ways off yet.

Considering BB said it isn't coming to WP because there aren't enough people using it yet, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. It is easy to get on BB now considering they are doing exactly what is hurting them. Honestly though, I don't know a single person who uses BBM.

mopar_fxr

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I know several, many past users who were legacy users who now have it on android and ios. I will agree, bb made some moves that wernt in their best interest, hence me exploring for a "just in case" scenario, but there is a lot of potential. I will admit, I have a loyalty there but as I also said, I am open minded too. There have been a lot of changes as of recently, time will tell. I personally would love to see both Nokia and bb come back and knock apple off its soap box. And android? Imo is to unstable and very weak security wise. Sad use of a Linux kernel haha.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I know several, many past users who were legacy users who now have it on android and ios. I will agree, bb made some moves that wernt in their best interest, hence me exploring for a "just in case" scenario, but there is a lot of potential. I will admit, I have a loyalty there but as I also said, I am open minded too. There have been a lot of changes as of recently, time will tell. I personally would love to see both Nokia and bb come back and knock apple off its soap box. And android? Imo is to unstable and very weak security wise. Sad use of a Linux kernel haha.

I don't see BB making a come back from its current state...especially if the 4 new guys are expecting to make a splash also...an ecosystem with 8 players, and none of them ever wanting to work together...that just won't work. [Ubuntu, Firefox, Tizen, Sailfish]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99