Help - Can't find the most basic of options!

stuckinthemud

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Got a Lumia 650 in the last few weeks (from work, not my choice!) and struggling to do even the most basic of options.

Hopefully someone can help me with a few things :grin:

1) Where is the option to change how I answer calls? At the moment I need to swipe up, select phone, then press answer - Three actions just to answer a call. I want to change it to just give me an "answer/reject" button on the first screen (like Andriod/Apple).

2) How to I block a number or range of numbers?

If I get a spam call, why can't I just tap on the number and select "block"? Seems simple, but I cannot find anywhere how you actually block calls at all. I want to block individual numbers, number prefixes (i.e. dialling codes) and all international.

3) Can it be made to react to screen swipe when dormant, instead of having to press the fiddly side power button every time?

This has to be the most infuriating hand-held device I've ever used. I'm no stranger to Windows (I'm a senior Windows desktop applications developer), but Microsoft seem to have forced a desktop OS onto a tiny mobile device without any real thought as to how the user will interact with it, with options so hidden they require 14 clicks and entering search text to find.

Jim

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Got a Lumia 650 in the last few weeks (from work, not my choice!) and struggling to do even the most basic of options.

Hopefully someone can help me with a few things :grin:

1) Where is the option to change how I answer calls? At the moment I need to swipe up, select phone, then press answer - Three actions just to answer a call. I want to change it to just give me an "answer/reject" button on the first screen (like Andriod/Apple). I only have the 1st & 3rd, with the option to reject ...

If I get a spam call, why can't I just tap on the number and select "block"? You can, long press ...
Seems simple, but I cannot find anywhere how you actually block calls at all. I want to block individual numbers, number prefixes (i.e. dialling codes) and all international.

3) Can it be made to react to screen swipe when dormant, instead of having to press the fiddly side power button every time? you've never heard of Double Tap to Wake?

This has to be the most infuriating hand-held device I've ever used. I'm no stranger to Windows (I'm a senior Windows desktop applications developer), but Microsoft seem to have forced a desktop OS onto a tiny mobile device without any real thought as to how the user will interact with it, with options so hidden they require 14 clicks and entering search text to find.

Jim

of course, all of the comments above are predicated on what OS version is loaded to your device, you failed to mention that.

Just breathe, it'll be OK.

stuckinthemud

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
of course, all of the comments above are predicated on what OS version is loaded to your device, you failed to mention that. [/I]

Whatever it's come with! Nothing is giving me a version number but it looks like 10.

(1) I only have the 1st & 3rd, with the option to reject ...
Not found a reject, and I want a single swipe/press

(2) You can, long press ...
Not working for me, I only get what appears to be a menu icon on the right of the number, but that just takes you into a contact page

(3) you've never heard of Double Tap to Wake?
No (remember I'm new to these phones), and it doesn't work, no matter how many times I tap.

Jim

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
1) Where is the option to change how I answer calls? At the moment I need to swipe up, select phone, then press answer - Three actions just to answer a call. I want to change it to just give me an "answer/reject" button on the first screen (like Andriod/Apple).

I only need two steps when the phone is locked, swipe up (unlock) and answer or ignore. When unlocked only one step.
To reject a call you can turn your phone with the screen faced down. To activate go to settings > extras > touch/gestures.

If I get a spam call, why can't I just tap on the number and select "block"? Seems simple, but I cannot find anywhere how you actually block calls at all. I want to block individual numbers, number prefixes (i.e. dialling codes) and all international.

In your call history long press contact and select 'Block number'. Maybe you have to activate it in settings > extras > call and sms filter (something like that, I am translating it from my phone).

3) Can it be made to react to screen swipe when dormant, instead of having to press the fiddly side power button every time?

Activate double tab to wake in settings > extras > touch/gestures

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs