"Hey Cortana" in Germany on PC but not on mobile

Gerade_Kurve

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
So I am using Windows 10 on both my PC and my LUMIA 930 phone. As I am from Germany I use the german cortana pack - which is works fine overall. But on my PC I can say "Hey Cortana" and when I try to activate it on my phone it tells me: "this function is not available in your region". If Microsoft allows/enables "Hey Cortana" for PCs - then why cant they do so in my phone?

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
But is it available on PC for you?
I hope the AU will bring it to mobile, too

I've to change my region, speech , keyboard to English/ US. Then hey Cortana worked on my laptop/Pc.

But it drains battery fast. So ultimately , I'm satisfied with Cortana not hey Cortana.

I hope that AU will contains hey Cortana feature most of new countries like India, Germany etc. Without changing their speech in upcoming updates..

Gerade_Kurve

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I've to change my region, speech , keyboard to English/ US. Then hey Cortana worked on my laptop/Pc.

But it drains battery fast. So ultimately , I'm satisfied with Cortana not hey Cortana.

I hope that AU will contains hey Cortana feature most of new countries like India, Germany etc. Without changing their speech in upcoming updates..

So "Hey Cortana" is completely unavailable in your localization :/ because I in Germany use the same German region/language on pc and phone but Voice activation is only available on my PC. I cannot comment on battery drain tough as I am using a stationary Computer.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

'Hey Cortana ' works on both my son's and my laptop ,region India,keyboard language English India(additional keyboard languages Bengali & Hindi for personal use),default speech language English India.
Cortana works on mobile but not 'Hey Cortana'.Region India,Keyboard English India(additional keyboard languages Bengali & Hindi),default speech language English India and additional speech language English UK(because speech to text is not available with Eng India).
It works for us on our laptops since Threshold 2.

It should work for you too.

Gerade_Kurve

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
'Hey Cortana ' works on both my son's and my laptop ,region India,keyboard language English India(additional keyboard languages Bengali & Hindi for personal use),default speech language English India.
Cortana works on mobile but not 'Hey Cortana'.Region India,Keyboard English India(additional keyboard languages Bengali & Hindi),default speech language English India and additional speech language English UK(because speech to text is not available with Eng India).
It works for us on our laptops since Threshold 2.

It should work for you too.

So you have the same situation as I do. :/ it makes no sense IMO for Microsoft to enable this feature on PC but not on mobile :((

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
So you have the same situation as I do. :/ it makes no sense IMO for Microsoft to enable this feature on PC but not on mobile :((

It is a confusing situation with W10 mobile.I got Cortana working on mobile after upgrading by reading up Microsoft feature availability page and trying it out.Could not find any clear instructions anywhere for my region in the initial few days after the mobile upgrade. Cortana on mobile kept crashing and could not set reminders etc which I could do while on 8.1.
In case of PC it was hassle free with no additional speech language required and Hey Cortana working fine.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

That's what I said. ;)

It is a confusing situation with W10 mobile.I got Cortana working on mobile after upgrading by reading up Microsoft feature availability page and trying it out.Could not find any clear instructions anywhere for my region in the initial few days after the mobile upgrade. Cortana on mobile kept crashing and could not set reminders etc which I could do while on 8.1.
In case of PC it was hassle free with no additional speech language required and Hey Cortana working fine.

If MS Devs concentrates on Cortana Mobile version, then we will get Cortana working like Win 8.1. ;)

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
You said that you need to have US settings on your laptop for Hey Cortana to work,but both my son & I have it with all India settings in our laptops and Hey Cortana works with our India settings.

I mean to this-

So you have the same situation as I have. :/ it makes no sense IMO for Microsoft to enable this feature on PC but not on mobile :((

And Yes, I made Hey Cortana working(testing) using US settings(Speech, Region) when I was on build 10586.420

I haven't tried it on India Settings yet!!!

Last edited:

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I mean to this-

And Yes, I made Hey Cortana working(testing) using US settings(Speech, Region) when I was on build 10586.420

I haven't tried it on India Settings yet!!!

We have it since Threshold 2 roll out in November 2015.

Gerade_Kurve

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes I am having problems with Cortana, too. Often she would just crash when I try to insert a voice command. But I feel like it got better with the cumulative updates. But still the experience is worse than on 8.1 - but for me setting reminders works fine - on mobile and PC.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes I am having problems with Cortana, too. Often she would just crash when I try to insert a voice command. But I feel like it got better with the cumulative updates. But still the experience is worse than on 8.1 - but for me setting reminders works fine - on mobile and PC.

I don't have problems with Cortana now either on mobile or laptop.Once I got the settings right after upgrading to W10 mobile in March it has been okay for me.On laptop it has been fine since Day 1 after Nov update.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
It was definitely much easier to set up in 8.1.

BEcauSE of W10 update
?Cortana can no longer search for apps, setting, email, text messaging, contacts and QR Codes on the device and can no longer open apps through voice commands.
?"Hey Cortana" is no longer available on some upgraded devices.

Gerade_Kurve

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
BEcauSE of W10 update
?Cortana can no longer search for apps, setting, email, text messaging, contacts and QR Codes on the device and can no longer open apps through voice commands.
?"Hey Cortana" is no longer available on some upgraded devices.

This really annoys me, too. Cortana lost so many features with the upgrade. I hope they will come back with Redstone 2, which focusses more on mobile

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
This really annoys me, too. Cortana lost so many features with the upgrade. I hope they will come back with Redstone 2, which focusses more on mobile

First they've to Fix battery drain issue for every w10 phone ; better than w8.1m.. Then they'll focus on Battery Eater CORTANA. 😏

Gerade_Kurve

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

So yesterday I installed the anniversary Update on my Lumia. It brought improvements to Cortana, but not "Hey Cortana". At least I can use Cortana now without activating my GPS, which is great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963