Hi, I'm the latest WP convert and I'm happy to be part of the WPC and WP owners..

Slim Makay

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Until late last year when I misplaced my BB, I was a BlackBerry die-hard fan for more than Six years (as I never knew other platforms existed), Then my Sis talked me to consider getting the Huawei W1 when I will get a new phone. After much googling and reading wpcentral.com day and night nonstop for weeks I finally ended up with a Lumia 520. Though it wasn't easy ending up with such a device as I was almost discouraged by my friends that have owned windows phone 7 device before.
Well I'm really happy that I ended up with a windows phone, especially that it is a Lumia 520, even though it lacks a LED flash as for the front facing camera, I never had that on a berry so I don't know how it feels 😉.
So I thank NOKIA, Microsoft WP team, my Sis and all WPcentral.com writers for making me end up with such awesome devices, wish you a happy and prosperous 2014...
And someone help me tell Microsoft that I need the GDR3... Love you'all.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Slim Makay, great to see you here at WPCentral! Sounnds like you're enjoying your new 520! Don't forget to check out the 520 forum.

impratick

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Welcome mat just post your query n share your experience with us!! WP is one fmily where people share problems and experience!! Again welcome!!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Until late last year when I misplaced my BB, I was a BlackBerry die-hard fan for more than Six years (as I never knew other platforms existed), Then my Sis talked me to consider getting the Huawei W1 when I will get a new phone. After much googling and reading wpcentral.com day and night nonstop for weeks I finally ended up with a Lumia 520. Though it wasn't easy ending up with such a device as I was almost discouraged by my friends that have owned windows phone 7 device before.
Well I'm really happy that I ended up with a windows phone, especially that it is a Lumia 520, even though it lacks a LED flash as for the front facing camera, I never had that on a berry so I don't know how it feels ��.
So I thank NOKIA, Microsoft WP team, my Sis and all WPcentral.com writers for making me end up with such awesome devices, wish you a happy and prosperous 2014...
And someone help me tell Microsoft that I need the GDR3... Love you'all.

I posted a step by step guide for installing GDR3 in the Lumia 810 forum, you can use the same steps to install GDR3 on the Lumia 520. Welcome.

Slim Makay

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
@worldspy99 I'm not going to install the GDR3 update through the method you gave cos you already claim to deny responsibility if my phone gets bricked...

dkustec

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from BB Bold 9000 => Curve 8900 => Bold 9700 => NL520 :)
Feature that missing on WP:
- Led Alerts
- Bedside mode
- Scheduled profiles
- Management and manipulation with numbers and generally the phone application (no custom edit numbers when in dial mode, etc...)
Despite this.. I love my Nokia (I'm old Nokia 5110 user)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99