Hi, my vision foundation

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I love smartphone photography, it's my artistic passion. I want to do a photography project named "What can you do with a smartphone" and establish a new genre in photography, show the world a different perspective. A different feel and freedom. OK I may be exaggerating and dramatising :), but I have my vision. :) unfortunately I don't have the tools to do it and neither I have resources to get them ( even if I think that it doesn't matter what you use but what you create ). In order to do so I wish I had a Lumia 1020 or at least something more powerful in pictures than my ATIV S. Yet I'm happy with it. If somebody is so awesome kind great, to get one for me and help me to do it - my goal. I could share the knowledge forward, hopefully help others to do their goals. I apologise for my English and even this forum post if it seems like a "whatever story". I'm not begging I'm just giving it a try.
I may embarrass my self with this, but hey, I tried :)
20, Art student

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's an idea. Put together a sample of your vision and start a kickstarter. Hey - if a guy can get over $55,000 for a bowl of potato salad, what's to stop you, right?

Good luck!

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I share your vision. I've been thinking the same thing. I have a Lumia 920. It doesn't have the resolution of a 1020, but there are so many great special effects apps available, I think it would be fun to get creative with the tools I have.

I hope you get your 1020, but even now, I hope you'll express your creativity with the camera you have. If you start a photo blog, post a link here! I'll do the same.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks and good thinking. Yes I do use my current camera as much as I can. I believe in creativity over the tools you work with. And yes I'm considering a blog when I create even more pictures :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes - you do not have to have a great camera to take great pictures. I have a Canon DSLR, and the three lenses I have cost a combined $3500. And yet, I've taken some pretty lousy shots. I have some that I think are great, but I've also taken some that I think are great with my phone, whether the 822 that I bought on launch day, the 928 that I bought on launch day, or the Icon that I have now, which I picked up on launch day.

Remember, if you have a cheap camera that has weaknesses, you can exploit those weaknesses and use them to create some very interesting photos, as well.

Something that bugs every good photographer - when a novice sees your camera and says, "Wow, that's a really nice camera - I'll bet you can take really good pictures with that!" As if the eye doesn't matter....

In photography, yes, a good camera is a great help. But the photos that you take are far more a product of your imagination and technique than they are the product of a great camera.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I am pretty aware of this, thanks for reminding me on

"Remember, if you have a cheap camera that has weaknesses, you can exploit those weaknesses and use them to create some very interesting photos, as well."

I'll try something out.

I agree. Picture is made with creativity :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb