High End Device?

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Well guys I started a thread last week arguing that the 820 was not a mid-grade phone based on it's guts and extras such as super sensitive touch and wireless charging. The only argument against it not being considered high end were the fact that it had a VGA FFC, no gorilla glass, and no HD display. However, this Lumia 810 addresses 2 of those 3 concerns. Also, I noticed that the Lumia 810 has stereo speakers similar to the 920 rather than the mono speakers of the 820. All in all the only thing missing from this phone now is an HD display but based on what I read online as well as a youtube video shootout, the Lumia 900 beat both the iphone 4S and the HTC One X. This video on youtube showing this hands on is located here. The Lumia 810 has the same display as the Lumia 900. What do you guys think? Is this a high end phone or is the display holding it back?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
In the wp7 range. Yes this will be a high end device. But with wp8 phones coming out with much higher resolution. I think this will most likely fit into the mid range section.

chfhyh

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
i think you have a good point. But the res is important for many people. If it has HD res, it could be the most popular WP8 with right marketing.

I hope Verizon got it with HD res. Many people do not care that much about camera. I mean, nothing on the market can compare to N8, leave alone the 808. Nokia can price it $50 bellow the 920.

ricardios

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
A high end device for me right now starts with:

-dual core S4
-4G
-1GB RAM
-8MP camera w/ flash, 1080p recording, 1MP FFC
-4.3" screen, gorilla glass
-16 GB storage
-NFC
-loud speakers
-premium feel

So is the 810 a high end device? Close enough in my books.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The 810 looks very attractive to me.

Even though I'm with AT&T, I'm not so sure I want a phone as big as the 920.

I'm also not thrilled with my $117 a month phone bill.

I might just have an 810 with a T-mobile no contract $70 a month plan in my future. We'll see...If T-mobile merges with MetroPCS and expands their network further, that will be even better.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The 810 looks very attractive to me.

Even though I'm with AT&T, I'm not so sure I want a phone as big as the 920.

I'm also not thrilled with my $117 a month phone bill.

I might just have an 810 with a T-mobile no contract $70 a month plan in my future. We'll see...If T-mobile merges with MetroPCS and expands their network further, that will be even better.

I'm with AT&T also but for only 3 more weeks. I am going to T-MO because I hate AT&T and I love the 810.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Who cares? If you like the specs, and the phone meets your needs what does it matter if it's considered a high end phone or not? To be honest with the possible exception of the 8s all the phones announced are so close in spec that I'd say the term high end as it applies to these phones is irrelevant. It’s not the Android where there is such a drastic difference in hardware that you can say these are high end and these are not.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Who cares? If you like the specs, and the phone meets your needs what does it matter if it's considered a high end phone or not? To be honest with the possible exception of the 8s all the phones announced are so close in spec that I'd say the term high end as it applies to these phones is irrelevant. It?s not the Android where there is such a drastic difference in hardware that you can say these are high end and these are not.

I don't care if it's considered high end or not. I am getting the 810 because I love the specs and it fits my needs but I was starting a conversation which is what people do in forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb