How are you cleaning your screen?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my 1520 for a few weeks now and the screen is starting to get that permanent foggy coating on the screen from fingerprints. I carry a tiny soft cloth in my pocket (similar to the kind you would use to clean glasses) and it works great for the most part in removing smudges temporarily. I feel I need to spray something on the screen every few weeks to give it a fresh look again. I think the cloth seems to just smear the smudges around and only removes some of the fogginess until I start molesting the screen again.

Any liquid substances anyone recommends to fully clean it? I assume windex is not recommended. Water is useless. I feel like some type of LCD cleaner you might use on a PC screen would be suitable. Recommendations anyone?

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I got this for free when I purchased something from them a while back, and it works great! The bottle is a bit too big to carry with you, and it is a bit expensive though...

ZAGGfoam | ZAGG

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
The microfibre cloth is what I use as well. But after a while I can wipe the smudges all off and after another use it's all foggy again. That ZAGG foam looks great but was hoping for a solution based off of some household products.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My coworker at my last job wore eyeglasses and used to have a bottle of glasses cleaner in his desk he would let me use once in a while if there was something besides fingerprint residue on my phone screen. But I must admit, the Zagg spray looks particularly interesting, being that it is antibacterial. I just bought a bottle on ebay for $8 shipped.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I got this for free when I purchased something from them a while back, and it works great! The bottle is a bit too big to carry with you, and it is a bit expensive though...

ZAGGfoam | ZAGG

I cant recommend this stuff enough. I also got mine free with my Surface shield, and have since bought more. Used it on my 1520 before putting a Zagg on it. Now a quick wipe with a quality cloth does the trick.

viper_13

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
lens (the type for eyeglasses) cleaner and a lint free cloth (the type for eyeglasses). The cloth alone seem to just smear the smudge as you have mentioned.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I knew I was gonna get a kick out of this post. I give a good blow on the glass and use my shirt. Works out pretty swell...

bmastenbrook

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I use a small amount of 91% isopropyl alcohol on a tissue to clean the device about once a day. Otherwise if it looks smudgy I use the microfiber cloth I carry for my glasses.

MrVol84

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I usually carry a bottle of distilled vinegar, pasteurized lambs blood, and a soft sheep skin cloth to wipe down my 1520.. Old Judean trick! Haha.. Nah I honestly just use the lens spray and cloth my latest set of eyeglasses came with. Works great.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Let's see.... currently have on a Florida Gator T-Shirt, so that is what I am using today.

Yeterday, I utilized my bath robe, terry cloth. Not as effective strangely enough.

A spot of Lens cleaner on a soft cloth works wonders. Wal-Mart has a basket for them for free in any of the eye-care stores.

farhanmariz

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I use 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean any electronics stuffs. It works great for my 720 screen with a clean cloth. But just be careful with alcohol because it might leave a stain mark on plastic surfaces. But no problem for my 720's polycarbonate though.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Windex on a paper towel. I soak one paper towel using one wet and one dry, Wipe the screen and the rest of the phone with the wet one and pat dry with the other. Never wipe with a dry paper towel you could cause scratches. I do this daily after work. I have done this for a long time on many device with and without screen protectors I have never had any issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss