How bad is the screen?

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
So, I'm getting a 625 as I found a really special offer. My main concern is about the low-res screen. Is it that bad to have a 4,7 inch 480x800 screen with just 200 ppi?

Oh, and could you post some screenshots from your homescreen and stuff? Just curious to see how does it look once screenshooted :p

I'm buying this device anyways, I'm just deadly curious!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you've seen a 520 in person, my impression is that they are similar.

The resolution is "bad" for today's standards, but it isn't necessarily bad. People used the HTC Titan WP7 phones with the same resolution and size, and the Palm Pre had a "sharp" display at 185 ppi for its time, more than the earlier iPhone models, and I got by just fine. I'm definitely spoiled by the higher-end displays though.

Also, screenshots from phone to phone are going to look the same, you would want photos.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
As like most of the phones, it allows 2/3 midsize tiles, in fact all phones have the same layout except for big screened device like the Lumia 1520

JasoX

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
The resolution works very well on the phone due to the screen size. Regarding the tiles, there is a option so you can get more tiles on the screen... I'll grab a screenshot of my phone and upload it in a few minutes.

JasoX

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot from my phone:

28i15xe.png

So the low resolution is not a problem at all imho

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member