How can I get the Lumia 640 XL to see my printer on my network?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I can't print from apps on the Lumia.

When I tell them to print, nothing happens.

It can't find the printer that is plugged into the router!

In fact, File Explorer won't even look at the network --- only at local content --- will not look at the network or any attached drives.

I told One Note to print but it won't. In order to print something I have to save it to the Cloud and then load it with my desktop in order to print it.

THAT SHOULD NOT BE

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
simple search. Also, if you want to be most effective in your search for an answer you should post in general forum not here on the 640XL forum. I give up telling you that though.

How do you print from your Windows Phone? | Windows Central

If you have a WiFi printer that is capable of setting up an email there is a way also. I have an HP PhotoSmart that I setup with an email address on the HP eprint server. When I have a document I simply share it with that email and it prints it to the printer.

cheers

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Why should I post in a General forum when I am asking about a specific device?

That's why there IS a forum for the 640 XL.

Other devices may or may not do the exact same thing.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
you are asking about an OS capability, not a Windows Phone device specific capability.
don't worry about it though. I'm just telling you that you'd get more help if you posted this in the OS section.

Last edited:

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
simple search. Also, if you want to be most effective in your search for an answer you should post in general forum not here on the 640XL forum. I give up telling you that though.

How do you print from your Windows Phone? | Windows Central

If you have a WiFi printer that is capable of setting up an email there is a way also. I have an HP PhotoSmart that I setup with an email address on the HP eprint server. When I have a document I simply share it with that email and it prints it to the printer.

cheers
==========

Thank you very very much.

The link to the Brother app worked fine once I gave it the IP of my printer.

Even though it says for Windows 7 and 8 ... it works on 10 also.

I'm a bit surprised because my old MFC7840W printer isn't on the compatible list but it works anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett