How can I obtain a Lumia 635 with 1GB of RAM?

W

WPCentral Question

I'm thinking of purchasing a 635. I'm an AT&T customer. I know that some Lumia 635's now are being made with 1GB of RAM (rather than 512MB). But I don't know how (or even whether) I could get an unlocked unit for use on AT&T's network. The folks I have talked to at AT&T know nothing, and the support folks I have talked to a Microsoft know nothing.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is that the 1GB version is the CDMA bands and won't work properly on the AT&T network.

If it did, I'd be trying to find a way to get it myself. Is there anyone that can verify the bands on it and if it could possibly support the AT&T network if unlocked?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe call a MS store.

Lumia 638 - Specifications - Microsoft - India

Also, its called Lumia 638

Weirdly enough, there are some 635 models that DO have 1 GB of RAM.

No. It's called the Lumia 635
And here's your answer OP
Nokia Lumia 635 - Specifications - Microsoft - USA

"1GB available at Sprint, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile – check SKU for either 1GB or 512MB"

Well, considering the 638 is the same on paper.

My understanding is that the 1GB version is the CDMA bands and won't work properly on the AT&T network.

If it did, I'd be trying to find a way to get it myself. Is there anyone that can verify the bands on it and if it could possibly support the AT&T network if unlocked?

Well, your best bet from what I can see if importing such a model from overseas. But at that point, I'd just purchase a used Lumia 820 and call it a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss