How can I stop my Lumia 535 from dialing numbers when on the locked screen when in my pocket?

chrisNorton05

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
my lumia 535 dials numbers when on locked screen when in my pocket

Hi,

My Lumia 535 has a problem that when i activate the screen lock so as to place in my pocket the phone dials numbers or rings my partners phone number a number of times.
When it tries to ring a random number i get the emergency call screen saying please try again in 4 or 5 minutes and the phone is then locked for that period of time thus unable to use it, even if i switch on and off it i will still have to wait the amount of time in order to use it again.

What can i do to stop this as has become very annoying. :eck:
Thanks for any help given.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: my lumia 535 dials numbers when on locked screen when in my pocket

Hi,

My Lumia 535 has a problem that when i activate the screen lock so as to place in my pocket the phone dials numbers or rings my partners phone number a number of times.
When it tries to ring a random number i get the emergency call screen saying please try again in 4 or 5 minutes and the phone is then locked for that period of time thus unable to use it, even if i switch on and off it i will still have to wait the amount of time in order to use it again.

What can i do to stop this as has become very annoying. :eck:
Thanks for any help given.

Welcome to Windows Central.

I am also experiencing this with my L535. This bug is attributable to the screen issues that are inherent to the L535. Some of these screen issues are having phantom-to-random touches on the screen, especially when plugged in or kept in a pocket. These "touches" are interpreted by the phone as an attempt to unlock it from lock screen, hence the prompt to try again after n minutes. When the phone isn't locked yet, the "touches" can sometimes launch your People Hub and eventually "call" whichever name appears at the top of the list.

You could try keeping your phone in a case that is relatively thick. I keep my phone in a 1/16" thick leather pouch, but that doesn't seem to be enough.

This issue is known to Microsoft and future updates are expected to address this issue. In fact, a recent update was released for the L535 (14234) and was expected to address this issue. From my observations, the phantom touches were reduced significantly (but not completely) after the update.

Update: Make sure that double tap to wake is disabled, so the screen bug won't be able to turn the phone screen on.

Last edited:

rufusdufus

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: my lumia 535 dials numbers when on locked screen when in my pocket

Are you sure this is a 535 issue, I say this because I have had my Windows 8/8.1 Microsoft Lumia 535 for exactly a year and never had this issue until last Monday 20th June when I upgraded to the official windows 10 update. Since then it always turns the screen on in my pocket no matter what settings I use and I've tried them all over the past week. My battery is completely run down in a few hours whereas up until last week I could last two days at a push. I've ordered a new battery which should be here by the end of the week and if this continues past then I will go back to 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb